Chapter 29

Robin

I wake up from another troubling dream to the low light of an Under Kingdom daytime and I am relieved.

Relieved that I wasn't still in that horrible nightmare. Well, I wouldn't call them nightmares but they've been making me super uncomfortable. So nightmares to me.

I groan and roll onto my back, shaking those lingering shivers of uncomfortability from my body. For the first time since I've come here I've slept soundly. Other then those shivers I feel warm and cozy, like I'm wrapped up in one of my soft blankets from home.

But then something answers my groan, a low manly moan accompanied by an exhale into my shoulder and sudden I realize why I'm so comfortable.

Set has an arm casually draped over my bare chest, we're tangled up in his black cotton sheet and I am essentially pressed against him.

Everything that happened last night floods my memory and suddenly I'm blushing to my roots. I've never done that before. Normally I take things slow, too slow, if any of my exes were to be believed. The fact that I just... slept with him... when I usually require a label... last night is shocking.

And I can't even blame him or magic for it.

The fact of the matter is that I like him. As Sarah would say, he's my type.

Dark, brooding, and totally not interested in me.

Or well... I didn't think he was interested in me, it didn't seem like he was interested in me. To be honest, I was certain that he didn't even like me. I was sure I annoyed him that he was only putting up with me because he had to. But then again, he had kissed me back last night, he had more than accepted my advances. He had clung to me last night like I was his only anchor in the storm.

I roll over again hiding my face in my hands while behind me, Set finally begins to stir. A husky: "And good morning to you," is whispered into my ear and I groan one more time.

"What exactly is the problem?" he asks.

"I don't have a problem."

"You're groaning like you're mad... do you need me to let go?"

Then without waiting for any confirmation his arm withdraws, so he's no longer holding onto me, and instead moves towards my back.

"No, that's not the problem."

"Mmm," rumbled out of him, shaking through me somehow. "You just said there wasn't a problem."

"I'm... I'm just embarrassed," I admit and that rumbling mmm vibrates through me again. I don't dare roll over to see his face, though I can picture it perfectly. His eyes will still be closed but that smug smirk will be on his lips. "Ugh I can't believe I had sex with you and you don't even know my name."

Set's hand has been tracing patterns on my bare back, it's stupid but I really like it, it's actually calming me down.

"It's Robin," he whispers and I briefly turn a glare onto him. His eyes are still closed but that smirk I thought would be there is, in fact, there.

"Who told you?"

He opens his mouth to lie to me, but he must feel my glare on his face. His mouth shuts briefly, his eyebrows furrow as he no doubt weighs his options. After carefully considering them, he eventually says: "Hathor knows your name."

Ah so she had told him my name before cursing him, or maybe after. Point was it was her causing all the drama recently.

Annoying.