Chapter 4

Robin

Miss Het turns out to be a severe caramel skinned woman with pins straight glossy black hair so dark that it is almost blue in the right light. Her eyes are the lightest green I have ever seen on a human, and have only ever seen on a cat. She is the head of this organization apparently, not just a curse expert like I had thought, and I don't know why but I don't like way Miss Het stares at me.

"Miss Het, I've brought the girls, as requested," Jack announces as if she couldn't see us already.

She continues to stare at us, her gaze unwavering and cold and after a moment of heated staring she beckons her towards us. I'm uncomfortable in her presence, under the scrutiny of her judgemental eyes.

When we get close enough I can easily establish that she's staring at me, and only me. I seem to have her complete and utter attention. She ignores Sarah entirely to stand in front of me and stare at me with those impossibly pale green eyes.

"So, this is our little carbon copy," she says. Her voice is light, like a soft whispering breezy. It is not warm, it is not kid. It is as cold as her eyes, and to be honest she sounds unimpressed by me.

She takes my chin in her hand before I could dodge and forces me to look straight into her eyes. Her eyes bore into me, her gaze suddenly feeling hot against my skin. Though it hurts me, like she's piercing my very soul through my eyes, I can't look away.

I barely manage to whimper before Sarah moves up and swats Miss Het away from me and I'm silently grateful.

She gets right in between me and Miss Het and just glares up at her. Which is a feat in itself because Sarah literally just had one of her fainting spells, and she usually wasn't very strong after one of those.

"It's called personal boundaries. I suggest you learn about them," Sarah growls.

Jack stutters out the beginning of an apology, he has a hand out to pull her away. Sarah wasn't letting that happen though, and luckily Miss Het just began to laugh.

"Yes. I can see the fire in this one. I take it you haven't quite placed her yet?"

Jack clearly hadn't. He glances to Sarah and then to his boss again. Yep. He doesn't get it.

"Ma'am?" he asks.

"If Astarte has been reborn, it only stands to reason the Medjai he put in charge of her protection would be reborn as well," Miss Het told us, her void like acid, she clearly thought very little of both Astarte and her... Medjai?

"What the hell is she talking about?" Sarah cries but I step forward to grab her and pull her back to my side before a fight can break out.

"I'm not Astarte..." I say to her. "Not reborn anyway. Just... reincarnated."

"What. The. Fuck." Sarah growls. "Does that mean I'm a Me-jedi?"

"Medjai, they were pharaoh's most loyal guards. The Medjai of the Underworld were blessed with great power to protect their heavenly hosts," Jack explains. "But I don't think that Sarah is a Medjai."

"Without any training or prior knowledge, that girl broke through our security and knew exactly where to shoot Set to cause the most amount of damage, all to protect her friend, correct?" Miss Het asks him.

"Well... yes..." Jack answers.

"That is because she is a Medjai, born that way, if properly trained she could be a great warrior for our cause," Miss Het tells him. She then turns back to me. "You however... you'll most likely be dead by the end of the week."