Chapter 34

Robin

I am happy to report that I was wrong.

It didn't go bad at all. In fact, it had gone rather well.

Nehebu-Kau was not insensitive in the least like I was worried she would be. Hathor told her story, about Horus and his cheating ways and how this wasn't even the first time she caught him. This had been happening for EONS. Nehebu-Kau's response was to simply ask if she wanted a Kabus Cobra to go after him.

She even promised to not be lenient in the least when it came to giving the cure up. She would fight her very hardest to ensure he didn't get it.

And I promised to not ask Nehebu-Kau for the cure like I had done with Set, because I knew Osiris would ask me to. I mean, I had walked in and walked out and got it without raising a single finger to fight, of course he'd ask me to help him.

But I'd say no.

Hathor had smiled through her tears, told us both that it wasn't necessary but we still weren't happy with what had happened.

We could tell she wanted to drop the topic though, well, I did, Nehebu-Kau not so much. So I forcibly changed the topic.

We talked about the kind of parties we liked and what we didn't. I told them about slumber parties, cause that was my favourite, and found out that neither woman had ever had one.

And they were super interested in it now that I had explained what it was.

So I took them to the room that I was borrowing now that I was avoiding sleeping in the same room as Set. It wasn't as nice as Set's. It was decked out in all gold and turquoise. The bed was just as uncomfortable as the other one, and it was jam packed with... things.

Statues, closets filled with clothes, chests of jewels, a whole wall of headdresses and fancier cuffs for the neck. Shimmering gossamer drapes were hanging from the ceiling making the whole place look like some kind of Moroccan brothel.

And the two women with me could tell I was uncomfortable in it.

I had been forced to tell them that this had been Astarte's room and as Set and I were... uh... not romantically interested in one another, I thought it would be more appropriate if I stayed here.

Nehebu-Kau had not made the situation better by saying: "But when I sent the Kabus to you, you were sleeping in his room."

Hathor had squealed with excitement while I reddened. I told them it wasn't like that, that... up until that point we had been sleeping in separate beds and I thought that was just what they did here. It was a lie, obviously, I knew we shouldn't have been in the same room but at that point I was scared and I didn't want to be by myself. Then I very stupidly had developed feelings for him.

If I had told Sarah this she would have just said: "Of course you fell for him. He's an emotionally stunted man-child who's in love with someone else. He's your type." But I don't think these ladies would understand without me having to explain that I slept with him and he had basically flat out told me that neither of us have feelings for one another, and that he would only see me as Astarte's copy.

A lackluster secondary version of the real woman he wanted.

And that was all I was every going to be.

Luckily, since we were preparing for a sleep over, I was busier clearing out space for them to sleep. The servants very gratefully helped me move quite a bit of what was in there. The chests and the statues most of the closets. Then I had them pull down the gossamer curtains so the room was open again.