🔟 10: there

Liam wakes up Friday morning and drags himself out of bed. He looks tired from the night he had before but it doesn't matter. He still has to go to work. On the other hand, Louis doesn't and Liam can't deny he's slightly jealous over that. However, he's surprised when he walks into the kitchen and sees Louis already up and making waffles.

"What are you doing up?" He asks. He's not used to Louis being up early on days he doesn't work with Zayn so he's still in his underwear and t-shirt.

"Making you breakfast."

"Why?"

"Because you need a pick-me-up. You usually skate out of here in the mornings without eating. But after our late night, you need fuel to keep going."

"I make coffee. That seems like a good pick-me-up to me."

"Well there is coffee over there. But it's not every day you're out late and drinking. So you need more than that this time."

"Hmm."

After pouring himself coffee and fixing it just the way he likes it, Liam sits at the kitchen island to drink it.

"So you really woke up just to cook me waffles?"

"Not just you. Myself included."

"Yeah, but you never wake up early just for the hell of it which means you're doing this for me more than yourself. Plus you literally just said it."

Louis takes a waffle from the waffle maker and puts it on a plate in front of Liam

"Yeah, well, don't get used to it."

After Louis sits out fruit, syrup and whipped cream, he takes a seat at the bar next to Liam.

"Thanks for this."

"You're welcome."

They actaully start to eat quietly. Conversation isn't really needed. But it's Liam who stops and speaks first.

"Who tops in this relationship?"

Louis turns so fast he hurts his neck. "What?"

"I mean, I know not for real but seriously. Do we even look like we could be bottoms?"

Louis clears his throat. "First of all. No one looks like a bottom or a top. Well, sometimes we do but it's offensive when straight people say it. And secondly why are you asking that?"

"Because Harry asked me last night."

"What?"

"Yeah. Rude, right?"

"What did you say?"

He shrugs. "Nothing. I didn't know what to say. And plus Harry basically told me you are a top. But that makes me a bottom and I have never, ever..."

"I know."

"So what do we say?"

"About what?"

"The next time it comes up, what do we say?"

Louis thinks for a moment. "We switch." He simply says.

"We switch?"

"Yeah. We don't have to tell anyone. It's not their business. But maybe it might come up one day. So we'll just go with that."

"That we switch."

"Yep."

"And you're okay with that even though everyone seems to know you're a top?"

"Well, it's not like I haven't bottomed before. I have. I just prefer to top. It's much more fun that way. Trust me."

It's too early in the morning for Liam to be fidgeting in his seat while talking about sex. Yet here he is fidgeting. Is that because he imagined Louis inside him and vice versa? Maybe.