🤴🏼 13: truths

Thanksgiving Day.

A day for family, food and gratitude. Those are the three things that are supposed to take precedence over everything else on this day. So here Zayn and Harry are at Yaser and Patricia's house for dinner like they do every year. Harry obviously still isn't big on family get-togethers because he doesn't know much about real families. But certain behaviors trigger certain suspicions. And Zayn already seems to be questioning the fact that he doesn't like Christmas.

Growing up, Harry had always wanted to experience what a real Thanksgiving was like. That, being spending time with family, filling up on turkey and multiple side dishes and then relaxing as he sits with family while talking and waiting for his food to digest before he went back for more. The first time he got to experience that in some form was when he met and married Zayn. But by then, he was already twenty seven and a full blown sociopath. So it was too late to enjoy it for what it was. Now he just spent most of the time wondering when it was time to leave or how he could use the event to intimidate or manipulate the next person.

Now the thing about Harry's manipulation is that he is really good at it. And he's so good at it that even Zayn, who is fully aware Harry is sociopath, never sees it coming. Even when Harry is doing it in plain sight.

"How long before the peas are ready?" Patricia asks. She's checking the pumpkin pie in the oven.

"A few more minutes, I think."

"Okay good. Your father and I are going to set the table. Harry, would you like to help?"

He turns from where he's standing next to Zayn. "No thank you, I'm going to keep helping Zayn."

"Oh. Alright."

When she leaves the kitchen Zayn looks at him with a smile.

"H, I think you made her sad."

"Sorry?"

"Why didn't you want to help set the table?"

"Because I like things better when I'm close to you."

"I'm making peas. These are easy. In fact, they are so easy, they are among the last to finish with the exception of the pie."

"Which smells so good by the way. I can't wait to taste it."

"Me either."

Zayn stirs the peas.

"Do you hate it if I say I miss Louis?"

Harry maintains a straight face though inside he is severely uncomfortable. "What do you mean?"

"Well today is Thanksgiving. I'm supposed to be thankful for friends and family, right?"

"Sure."

"I guess that's why I miss him so much. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since we went to look at Christmas trees together. That's almost two weeks."

"So?"

"So I haven't gone that long without at least checking up on him since that time we quit speaking for ten months after you and I went off and got married."

"And why do you care so much?"

"Why shouldn't I care?"

"He hasn't called you in those two weeks either, has he?"

Zayn frowns. "No."

"Okay then. So he must not really want to talk to you. Apparently he has better things to do. Like fucking Liam, that fucking old peice of shit."

Zayn looks up at him. "Louis isn't like that. He doesn't ditch me just because he has a boyfriend or girlfriend. He never has."

"Are you sure? Because he sure didn't tell you they were dating for a month and half before you found out."