Chapter Fourteen

You decided to wait a big longer putting your phone face down on the table and sighing. You slumped further down into your seat, before a waiter came over. He was cute, seemingly tall, with dark brown hair and a light splatter of freckles across his cheeks. He seemed like he could be decent company for a while. From looking for a total of two seconds, you'd guess he was a Beta. He didn't seem incredibly strong or too meek.

"Got stood up huh?" Came the voice of said man. Maybe his attire would be nicer on the eyes had he not been wearing a flourescent, oversaturated pink apron that seemed to be standard uniform regulations.

"Not really. I always come to dates early. Allows me to plan what exit or excuse I'm going to use to avoid avoid after they get so dull and dreary saying the same old spiel of why Omegas need Alphas and how I'd be a good house wife." You said, rolling your eyes.

"And they say that on the first date?" He asked, his eyes blown wider than what seemed to be normal.

"Yeah, apparently it's a 'turn on' but I think it's a load of shit. They're just more interested in getting their dicks wet and having a male lineage. It's just frustrating. I'm not a fucking sex object, and the minute someone realises that I'll date them."

"It's that bad? I guess I'm lucky to be a Beta then. No standards. Pretty lenient with who we can date as well. Although I must admit, being an Alpha or Omega would spice life up instead of the day in day out." He says, whilst wiping the table next to you down.

"Maybe you have a point. Honestly though, neither of them are cracked up to what people say. You see these adverts online and life is nothing like that. It's full of sexual assault and just overall classism. Do Betas get to stroll around and not get bothered by Alphas?"

"Nah, we get issues sometimes but there's less of an appeal as we're not as rare as Omegas. Honestly male omegas are probably scared someone is going to take them and sell them off or something."

"Yeah. Female Alphas are still less fortunate in their position but at least no one is threatening to sell them for millions."

"Society is fucked."

"Agreed. Anyway this was a nice conversation but you're not going to make any money if you stand chatting to me." You were ready to shoo him along, knowing full well he doesn't get paid enough to support himself unless he gets tipped.

"You better come back to see me." He said, squinting at you.

"I don't even know your name-"

"Just call me D, it's what everyone else does." He said winking at you and walking away to the counter to serve an older lady.