A mission gone wrong

As they stood in front of the forest the Elric brothers watched as the trees swayed in the ominous wind. The younger brother, Alphonse, then said, "Brother, why are we here again?" The older brother, Edward, replied. "C'mon Al you know perfectly well why we're here! I told you a million times now!"

"Yeah, but I just want to make sure I understand!" Al heard Ed sigh and added "Pretty Please." He said and linked his armored fingers in a begging position.

Ed could only imagine the childlike eyes behind the empty helmet. He sighed in defeat. "Alright fine. But LISTEN to me this time. We're here on a mission, Mustang assigned us to find a man who trasmutes animals in this forest into failed chimeras. None of has had a successful transmutation. As you know making chimeras without the military's concent is against the law. When we find him we are to take him to prison and let the military decided what to do with him. Got it?

"Yeah, okay, I got it"

"Good" Edward said as they walked into the forest.

As they went further Ed and Al came across a fork in the road. Edward then came to a decision "Alright, Al you go that way and I'll go this way."

"Are you sure it's okay to split up...what if one of us were to run into the criminal?"

"Al it'll be okay, no one can hurt you. And I'm pretty sure I'll be fine on my own." Edward said with a reassuring smile raising his automail arm. Al nodded and went down the left path while Ed went down the right. As Edward went down the path it slowly got darker and darker. "I'm not liking the looks of this...I wonder how Al's doing?" He thought as he continued down the path.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alphonse had met a dead end. "Dead end huh...I guess I'll just head back to Brother." He thought as he turned back the way he came.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Edward was getting more freaked out by the second. As he we t further down he kept seeing transmutation circles with blood streaks in them. They became more frequent the further he went.

Finally he saw an unforgettable blue light...the light of a transmutation circle. Edward ran towards the source of light and hid the bushes nearby. He saw an unbelievable sight.

There was a man in front of the transmutation circle in a large black robe with a hood that covered his face. His hands were on the transmutation circle performing the alchemy at hand. And in the center of the circle was a tiny tabby kitten, too terrified to move.

Edward watched in horror as he began to think if he was the reason for the blood streaked circles. It began to sink into his mind that if he didn't do something then that innocent cat would be the man's next victim. And worse of all Alphonse would never forgive him for letting a cat die.

Edward, without thinking, rushed out into the open and jumped into the transmutation circle, grabbing the cat. When he was about to jump out he realized he couldn't...his legs were stiff. It dawned on him that the cat was not scared...but stuck in place because of alchemy. There was no escape.

The circle started to glow purple...like on that day. Fear filled Edward as he was forced to his knees. He felt his body changing and morphing, his senses were heightened. "W-what's going on!? What did you do!?...GAHHHH!!!!" All the man did was smirk. The pain became too unbearable for Edward. The last thing he saw was the cat dissolving...then darkness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alphonse went running as soon as he saw the blue light of a transmutation circle. "He must have found him! Brother must have found him!"

He stopped dead on his tracks as soon as the light turned into an ominous purple followed by a scream that couldn't have been human. "Huh...that could only mean...oh no...ED!!!!" Alphonse never ran so fast in his life. He came closer and closer...until the light faded. Al's worry only intensified with each passing second. "ED, ED ARE YOU THERE!?!?!? BROTHER ANSWER ME!!!" He went through the bushes and saw the...the...

most ADORABLE sight and n his life. His older brother was lying on the forest floor and looked normal except...he had blonde cat hears on his head and a matching tail.

It took all of Al's will power not to another his older brother to death. He looked around for the criminal who apparently disappeared. He looked to his older brother who seemed to be coming to. "Brother, Ed, are you okay?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Edward's eyes started to open as he heared his brother talking to him. "Brother, Ed, are you okay?" Edward knew he wasn't dead. "What happened?" Ed thought to himself.

He opened his eyes and saw his brother full in his face. He sat up and looked at Al with a curious look, it didn't look like he was staring at him but more of...over him? "Hey what are you starting at Al?" Edward looked behind himself thinking the criminal would be there. Nothing, so what was Al staring at? "Hey uh...Al?"

"Huh...oh sorry Brother. I couldn't help but stare, you just look so...so cute!" Alphonse couldn't restrain himself anymore and started to hug his older brother. "Hey Al! W-what's wrong with yyyyooouuu..." Edward trailed off his sentence as soon as he felt his brother scratch behind his ears. Wait...EARS...on his HEAD!!!

"Al, w-what happened to me...?" He trailed off again and started to purr at his littke brother's gentle touch. Oh good God what happened to him?

"Oh well uh...I don't know the details, but I know it was a transmutation and uh...you have...um...cat ears...and a tail now...hehe." Ed looked at his brother and felt the top of his head to find two cat ears on top and felt for a tail which he surely found. "What!? But...how!?"

That was when Ed remembered the cat he held during the transmutation. "We must have fused together." That explained the purrs and why his senses were heightened. He explained his conclusion to Al while he held Ed in his arms.

"Well we better head back to the coronel and explain your situation."

"Wait, tell the coronel, as in Mustang, as in ROY Mustang? NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!"

"But Brother, we'll need all the help we can get." Al said, finally letting go of his brother but proceeded to pet his cat like ears.

"But..." Edward said as he trailed off.

"If you don't then I won't pet your ears anymore." Alphonse said with what would be a smug look on his face, if he had one. (Sorry Al. )

"Why do I care if you stop." Al looked at Ed and then stopped petting. A few minutes later Ed started snuggling his head into Alphonse's metal hand, begging for more. "Ugh! This stupid cat side is really starting to take over isn't it?" Al refused and Ed knew there was no other option.

"ALRIGHT FINE I'LL GO!!!" Al started petting Ed again much to his delight and pureed happily with every stroke. "Why don't you want to go anyway?"

"Well..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! HE'S SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!"

"Wow Ed, you weren't lying about his love for cute fluffy things." Al said. The Flame Alchemist was currently hugging The Fullmetal Alchemist and proceeded to pet his ears. To which he responded with a nice long purr. If Ed were himself he would've punched the coronel's teeth in...but right now he was enjoying himself.

Roy got into serious mode after 15 minutes. "So I'm assuming you found the criminal, Edward." Edward got back to reality and tried his hardest not to be cuddley like in the forest. He told Mustang the story.

"I see...well we'll have to keep this hidden from the military for now. If they find out you're a chimera then they'll hull you off to to the lab."

Al hopped into the conversation. "But where will we hide him?"

"Hmmmm..." Everyone pondered about this finally Mustang spoke. "I've got it. How about you lie low in Resembool for a while.
"Great idea coronel!" Al said and looked over at Ed who looked very nervous.

"B-but if she sees me like this then..."

"Then what Brorher?"

Edward hesitated for a moment a light blush spread on his face. He finally had a response. "Then...she'll know I did something reckless okay...and I kinda don't feel like getting hit in the face with a wrench."

"Well too bad you have no choice." Mustang said as Al dragged Es to the train station.

A/N: CHAPTER 1 IS DONE !!! Leave a comment and I hope you enjoyed this. More will be coming soon. If you have any ideas or suggestions leave them in the comments. Bye .