Chapter 2: The Rockbells

The train had finally met its target as it stopped at Resembool. Getting off the train was a happy-go-lucky Alphonse and a not so happy-go-lucky Edward, wearing his hooded robe to cover his ears and keeping his tail wrapped around his waist.

Walking up that hill was the one of the hardest things Edward ever did. He didn't want the Rockbells seeing him like this, weak and vulnerable. And did he even need to mention the DOG!!! Edward hated dogs...or did he love them. It was harder to tell with all these new instincts.

"Look Brother, we're almost there!" Edward looked over the hill at the little house that stood on top of it. It reminded Edward of the family waiting for him, but why did he feel uneasy?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Winry saw them coming towards her house and their home. Joy filled her heart at the thought of seeing Ed and Al again and hearing about their adventures...but it turned into anger. She thought about how Edward would usually come back when his automail was broken.

She ran outside, wrench at the ready. Grandma Pinako followed her out the door to greet the boys. Winry noticed that Edward was wearing his hood. 'He doesn't wear that unless it's raining...or he's hiding.' Winry thought as she began to wonder if he broke his automail AGAIN!

"Welcome home boys." Pinako said as she smoked on her pipe.

"Good to be back." They said in unision. Den looked at Edward and sniffed him, immediately the began to growl. Edward was getting ready to atttack Den and run for it when Pinako interjected. "Den, what are you doing? That's Edward, you know him." She said, shocked at Den's behavior.

Den ceased his growling, he knew he was in trouble, and walked inside. "That's strange, he's never done that before." Edward stopped staring at Den and looked at Pinako "I'm sure he's just confused." Pinako wasn't sure what he meant but decided not to press it any further.

Winry looked at Edward a little peeved. "Let me guess...you broke your automail again?" She said, almost certain she knew the answer.

"Uh...not exactly..." Alphonse said and looked at Edward.

"Then what happened...Edward doesn't usually wear his hood."

Edward looked down at his feet. A few moments later he replied. "We should go inside."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Edward told them everything...he even took the liberty of showing his new cat parts. Winry and Pinako had their jaws wide open, they were in awe. "So we need to lie low...if the military finds out I'm a chimera then I'll be taken into a laboratory and possibly tested on. So...that's why we came here."

They sat in the quiet house for a few minutes and then Pinako spoke. "Well...we can't have that happen now can we. Your welcome to stay here." Edward and Alphonse looked up at the ladies and they returned a smile. "I'll get dinner started then...how about stew." Everyone cheered...there just wasn't a stew out their quite like Pinako's.

Later Edward fell into a deep sleep and dreamed about things of the past, things of the hopeful future, and things he wished could be real. His tail wagged happily and his ears twitched from time to time. Alphonse just watched as Ed slept, he found it amusing. Even though Edward was adorable he couldn't help but worry about losing his brother to his chimera side. He pulled Edward into his lap and petted his ears. Edward began to purr in his sleep and smiled as the moon shined upon the little house on the hill.

A/N: THANKS FOR READING CHAPTER 2 :D :D :D FINALLY GOT IT OUT. And NO this is NOT Elricest (aka Edphonse or Edward x Alphonse)! This is EdWin (aka Edward x Winry) and brotherly love. I only put in that scene because I thought it was cute. Sorry if you thought it was short. Please comment if you have ideas. Animelover267 OUT!