Milk

The rain pounded on the hood of the automobile. Edward ducked his head further as to not be seen by the strange man. 'Why, why did it have to be him out of all the culprits?'

Footsteps came by the car and Edward watched in fear as black shoes went by. They stopped in front of the vehicle. The figure started to bend down. Knees on the ground now. Edward got ready to run, when all of a sudden.

"Hey Tucker, you coming or what!" Another man called. The figure began to walk away from the car.

"Yeah, I'm coming, just looking for that alchemist. You know Fullmetal."

Edward widend his cat like eyes. He looked over, his vision enhanced. 'Ugh!!! That guys wearing a hood too?' Edward thought as he saw the two walk away.

He waited until they were gone, then he ran to Mustang's position. Hopefully he would be there.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Achoo! *sniff* Jeez, all this rain everywhere, even if the culprit comes by I'm completely useless." Mustang said to himself. He had been standing in the rain for about an hour and no sign of Edward. Finally the tabby cat ran up the street.

"Mustang! We got a problem!" Edward yelled as he jumped on Mustang's shoulder.

"What's wrong Ed?"

"I found out who the culprit is. It's Henry Tucker."

"That's incredible, but why is it bad news. "

"Because...I saw a partner working with him, I couldn't see his face."

"You've gotta be kidding me!? Ugh, alright we'll gather everyone back to the office." Mustang picked up his walkie talkie, telling his comrades of the situation. He headed back to his office, cat on his shoulder.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Ugh so now we're doing more file searching?" Hughs sighed as he pulled out some folders to look through.

Winry was making the boys some lunch while they tried to find another prime suspect. Who knew the military office had a kitchen. Winry took the bread, lettuce, tomatoes and turkey and made 3 sandwiches for them.

Ed did always love her cooking,boy would he hate her when she brought in the drinks.
---------------------------------------------------------
Edward hissed at the bowl placed in front of him. Milk, why milk, he hated milk. "Oh c'mon Ed drink it." Winry commanded, she was not in the mood to deal with this.

Edward sniffed the bowl and stepped away from it and taking his place at the window sill eating his sandwich with his paws. "I'm not drinking that." He mewed with turkey in his mouth.

"You will drink your milk. If you drank it maybe you wouldn't be so short." Winry knew better than to use the 's' word around Edward but it was the only way to convince him.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A BEAN SPROUT!?!?!?....ahem, I'll have you know that cats CAN'T drink milk, it's bad for the digestive system...SO THERE!!!" Winry didn't know what to say, she didn't know if he was right or if he was just making it up so he wouldn't have to drink it.

Winry looked to the older men for advice. "Is it true?" Winry asked.

All the men looked at each other confused by the question, apparently no one knew. All eyes turned to Alphonse. "Alphonse, your a cat expert, is Ed telling the truth?" Maes asked. Alphonse looked at his cat brother then to his human friends. He didn't know what to say.

After what seemed like a lifetime Alphonse spoke. "It's actually...true." everyone gasped. "Cats can't drink milk, but they can drink cream and water."

Everyone turned to look at Edward who had a smug smile on his kitten face, tail swaying and head held high, or as high as a cats head could go.

"Well, alright." Winry said as she got Edward a bowl of water.

Edward lapped at the bowl placed in front of him. 'You know, maybe being a cat isn't so bad. I mean, I don't have to drink milk anymore.' All enjoyed the lunch Winry made unbeknownst to them that a figure stood in the doorway, watching.

(A/N): sorry guys, it's been like 2 months or more and I fee TERRIBLE!!! I'm starting to piece together some more of the story. I hope you can all forgive me. Animelover267 OUT!!!