Curiosity killed the Elric

The sun beat down on Edward's face...he was bored. His ear twitches...really bored.

Pinako and Al went to the market so Ed was stuck with Winry, who was working on a project. "Hmmmm...what to do?" Ed closed his eyes and started to dream out of boredom...A crash was heard from the house followed by a series of whirring sounds.

Edward turned toward the house. The sun had gone down quite a bit...how long was he out for. Ed ran inside to check on Winry.

"Hey Winry, you okay?" Ed looked down the hall, silence. Curiosity got the best of Ed as he skullked down the hall. Winry's room had light coming through it.

As he approached Winry's room a crack in the door began to form. Ed poked his ear into the tiny crack, he heard Winry's screwdriver against the metal as she put together an automail...something.

Edward, being even more curious, cracked the door open even wider. 'Darn, still not enough to see.' He opened the crack even more understanding the great risk.

At long last he could finally see into the room...only to discover Winry was blocking his view. Edward thought and decided to just sneak in...she wouldn't notice, right?

Edward slowly opened the door careful not to even let the floor creak! He skullked behind Winry and looked over her shoulder to find...an automated heart? It wasn't big, about an inch in height, big enough to be a locket. She was screwing in a bolt to hold it together.

Edward was entranced by the locket that he didn't notice Winry turn around. "Ed!!!! What are you doing in here!?!?!?"

"Huh...what?"

Winry grabbed the silver locket and held it in her chest. "What are you DOING HERE!?!?!?"

"I was just checking to see if you were alright...honestly. What was that crash?" Winry blushed at the thought that Ed was worried about her.

'Of course he would be...I'm like his sister.' "Just get out NOW!!!" She said holding up her wrench menacingly.

"I just wanted to know if you were okay!"

"This is a private work room. Get out!!!!" Edward knew he should run, you could taste Winry's anger in the air...but the locket was so...odd so...mysterious. Winry knocked Ed out of his thoughts and Escorted him out. Winry sighed. "Grandma and Al are back...why don't you go help them.

Without a word Edward went to help Al and Pinako.
---------------------------------------------------------
Winry sat alone in her room that night, pondering about today's events. 'I hope Ed didn't see the inside...that would be so embarrassing.' Winry opened her locket to reveal a picture of her and Ed. Winry was on the right and Edward was on the left.

Winry closed the locket and held it close to her chest. 'I hope we can turn him back to normal.' Winry slowly let herself drift into her fantasy, farther and farther from the clutches of reality where her golden haired prince awaited.

A/N Awwww how cute :). Okay so sorry it's so short but it was all I could think of. Although the next update will come soon. SydneyLee175 gave me a great idea which will be featured in the next chapter so big shout out to them :). I hope you enjoyed,.if you have any suggestions or story ideas feel free to comment. Bye :D