016 - real life

Light peaked in through the room where Harley lied asleep, gleaming across her cheek. Her blonde hair was tangled in her fingers, implying that it was a rough night's sleep. A duvet completely enveloped her figure. 

As her rest concluded, she slowly became more aware of her surroundings. Warm skin played at her fingertips, indicating that someone else was in bed with her. Her eyes seemed to be glued shut until she finally took in the sight of Joe, asleep facing the opposite direction. She noticed her arm resting across his chest and carefully removed it, afraid of waking him up. 

"What in the shit happened last night...?" She mustered before pulling the sheets above her head. She was clothed. She didn't have that much to drink, did she?

An amble groan escaped from the man beside her, causing her to completely freeze in fear that he had woken up. She investigated his expression, finding that he was still deep asleep. She gently pulled the duvet from above her and slid off of the mattress. She had slowly crept up to the bedroom door when Joe's voice interrupted her from leaving. 

"Remind me to never invite you to a sleepover." He was sat up in the bed, his chest bare and his hair chaotic. He memorized her look of fret and simply uttered, "We didn't, by the way."

"Then what the hell happened?" She folded her arms together and took a step away from the door.

"You got pretty drunk. Ironic, right? You thought it was a good idea to play poker with Gracie and Em and..." He lazily explained, still encumbered by his drowsiness. 

"Hold on. Emma was there? I don't remember that." Harley raised her eyebrow.

"Nat invited her over... It's a long story. Anyways, you had convinced yourself that it wasn't any normal poker game..."

"Oh God, please don't tell me-"

"Let's just say you ended up stripping down to your underwear in the middle of the bar..." Harley turned a bright red. "Yeah... I couldn't just let you stay like that, so Em and I helped you get to my apartment to change and sober up." 

"Well, shit. You know, this would make a pretty interesting song."

"Don't even, Davidson." Joe got up from the bed to brush his teeth. 

"Is that some sort of weird nickname now?" She leaned against the bathroom door frame.

"I think it suits you."