025 - real life

"Okay, so. I have two offers for you. I know, it's a lot to handle, but girl, you're hot commodity." Madison led Harley through the ongoing set for the fourth season of Stranger Things. 

"Two? Geez, I guess I am..." Harley tugged on her necklace that hung around her neck with uneasiness. The necklace was a gift from Joe, which he had bought on their trip to Paris to meet her parents. She found comfort in the reminder that a part of him would always be with her. 

"One, we've hooked you up with an audition for the role of Joe's character's love interest, Sarah Adler. Two, I spoke with Netflix earlier and they're wanting to get you onto a rom-com as the lead role. Sorry if that was a shit load of information, but I'm on a really tight schedule between checking in with my brothers on the writing and configuring the costume designs." Madi swiped through a booked calender on her phone, clutched tightly in her hand. 

"I... guess I'll do both?" 

Madison halted. "Both? Are you sure? You've never done any acting gigs before..." 

Harley's eye roamed the set before concluding her decision. "Yeah, both. I can do it." 

*

Harley stood awkwardly in front of the Duffers, her partially-written script in hand. "How does this work again?"

"You just read the lines that you see best fit for the character." Matt spoke, mindlessly spinning a pen between his forefinger and thumb.

"Okay..." She cleared her throat. "Yeah, I know who Eddie Munson is. Isn't he, like, a total psycho freak?"

"Good, good. Please, continue." 

"I see the way you eyeball Nancy, Steve. You know what I also see? That you're never going to look at me the same way. You don't have to say anything, Steve. I know it's true." 

The audition process dragged on for another hour before the Duffers concluded it. 

"You did great, Harls. Don't worry." Madi reassured. "Also, for the Netflix movie thing, they're gonna email you the script on Friday and then start shooting the next." 

"Who else is in it?" 

"I have to remember..." Madison bit the inside of her cheek in thought. "Oh, right. I believe your love interest is Maude Apatow, and for the rest, Florence Pugh, Leslie Mann, and Conan Gray."