028 - real life

"I love you, too."

Those four little words were what she wish she would have said the night before. She tossed and turned throughout the night, unable to relieve them from her mind. She owed saying it back to him.

With Joe's warm breath on her neck the entire night, she had the urge to jerk him away and confess her true feelings. But with every opening of her mouth, she resisted to speak. It was like one of those dreams where you can't say what you really need to. You're frozen in place and it ends up leaving you miserable.

Harley attempted until sunrise, when Joe's hold shifted. His arm stretched across her body even further, allowing his hand to intertwine with hers. He lifted the conjoined hands to his lips, kissing the delicate skin of Harley's. 

"Good morning..." He spoke, his voice slightly rasped. 

Harley repositioned herself to face him, beaming at the sight of him. "Morning."

"Sleep well?" He pondered, admiring her through her eyes. 

She groaned and spun back around onto her side before Joe playfully pulled her back to him, his hand caressing her back beneath her shirt. 

"Not really... I just wanted to say something to you while you were asleep." 

Just a few inches apart, Joe muttered, "Hm?"

"I love you, too." She played with a strand of Joe's hair, twirling it around her finger. 

He removed his hand from her back and instead placed it on her cheek, pulling her towards him to ultimately plant a kiss on her forehead.