034 - real life

"Mid-July, you and I, two birds falling sweet..." Harley hummed, her pen jotting down lyrics. She sat beside her coffee table, the rug beneath her just slightly cushioning her knees. Out of frustration, she dropped the pen and ran her hand through her platinum hair. 

"Writing again?" Joe appeared from the kitchen doorway, a cup of scolding tea in hand. His hair hung loosely in front of his eyes, his glasses being their only protection. He walked over to where his fiancé sat on the ground, her hair tousled. 

"Mhm..." She lowly murmured, then realized he was inching closer to her. She nonchalantly covered her notepad with her arm. "It's a surprise, though."

"Whatever you say, Davidson." He leaned over to hold her chin in between his forefinger and thumb. He gazed deeply into Harley's eyes before gently kissing the tip of her nose, causing her to slightly scrunch it in fondness. "Alright, well, I'm gonna head out and rent a tux for tonight, love."

It was finally the night of the premiere for her Netflix film, 'From Saturn to Mars'. The two had planned for it to be their engagement coming out. 

"Be careful, I love you!" Harley jokingly blew him about a thousand kisses as he opened the front door of their apartment. 

He smiled her way before returning the gesture. 

*

Harley rested her head on Joe's shoulder throughout the entire car ride to the premiere. She had decided to tell him what she was writing, despite how she had acted beforehand. "It's about us, y'know. I just wanted something to sing about, so why not you? And earlier, even though you didn't know it, you gave me the perfect title. Cup of tea. You're just my cup of tea." 

"I find it hard to believe that my bitter green tea inspired that." 

"Oh, hush." She tugged on his cheek to lean in for a kiss, her hand slowly running through his locks. "It wasn't just the tea, you idiot." 

The car pulled up to the venue, flashing lights flooding through the windows of the vehicle. To say that Harley was used to it was an understatement. 

"Ready?" Joe asked, his head turning towards the love of his life. 

"Ready."

Their driver opened the door facing the paparazzi to let Harley and Joe out, the two intertwining hands the second they stepped onto the bright red carpet.