036 - the end

"Do I look okay, Dad?"

The man gently tucked a strand of Harley's hair behind her ear before he gave her a warm smile. She looked flawless. 

"You look more than okay, mon amour. You are the most beautiful young woman I have ever seen. Besides your mother, of course." He winked and chuckled. His eyes wrinkled at the edges from delight.

His only daughter was getting married and he couldn't have been more proud of the man she chose to marry. 

"Breathe, love. I won't let you embarrass yourself. Perhaps August may, but that is completely out of my hands." He pinched her cheek lovingly and allowed her to intertwine her arm with his. 

The march began and she could faintly hear the guests rise from their benches. The chateau looked beautiful this time of year. All of the flowers were in bloom and it was clear skies for days. 

Her heart seemed to stop as she began walking towards the one person she knew she was going to spend the rest of her life with. 

Her hitched breaths and pits in her stomach faded away when she caught his eye. She could tell his nostrils were flaring like crazy. She so badly wanted to call him out on being a crybaby in the moment. 

She was nearly there, so close to becoming Mrs. Joe Keery. Her hand slipped into Joe's like clockwork and they faced their officiant. The ceremony drug on, but the only thing on Joe's mind was how she made his heart burst with adoration for the first time in forever. 

They say Ones are a once in a lifetime and that some never truly exist. But they were wrong. She was his and he was hers. A jigsaw constructed to fit perfectly. 

"I now pronounce you, Man and Wife."

I used to be a satellite heart, searching for a love that belonged in a storybook. I finally found it. I found him.

Signing off, 
Harley Keery

The one and only.