020 - jimmy fallon

"Our first guest this evening is someone that has inspired millions of people across the world with her psychedelic-pop music. Please welcome, the one, the only, Harley Howard! 

Harley trekked onto the stage from behind the blue curtains, where Joe stood with an expression of pride for her. She held a large smile on her face and waved and pointed out to the live audience sitting in rows in front of the stage. Jimmy stood from his seat and applauded her, where she turned to give him a gleeful handshake. 

The audience members were jolted from their seats in excitement, their hands clapping together simultaneously. Harley turned back to the audience and blew them kisses before positioning herself in the bluish-grey armchair beside Jimmy's desk. 

The Roots concluded their theme to kick-start the interview. "They sure do love ya!"

She joked, "Really? I thought they for sure hated me. What do you think, guys?" The audience roared with delight at seeing one of their favorite singers. 

"I think you've got your answer, Ms. Howard." Jimmy repositioned himself in his seat, preparing to start. "I just have one more question for the, uh, audience out here tonight. Has anyone heard Harley's latest hit, 'Stargirl'?!" The audience roared again. "The single is finally out and the responses couldn't be better!" He pulled out the cover art of the single.

"Wow, I honestly can't believe all that you lovely people have done to get me where I am today. I literally wouldn't even be on this stage tonight if it weren't for you all, so thank you so so very much!" She looked out to the crowd, truthfully speaking.

"We've never actually met until tonight. Have you been on any other tonight shows?" 

She shook her head. "First time." She timidly braced her teeth together. 

"Well, then this has got to be memorable, right?"

"I hope so?!" She responded sarcastically. She could faintly hear Joe's laugh throughout the loud set. 

"So, tell me more about how you created 'Stargirl'... Is there a special someone in your life that inspired this song?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." She shrugged and laughed. "Yeah, yeah. There is. Not dropping names or anything. All I can say is that he's been in this exact same chair I'm sitting in right now." She felt flustered just from the statement. There was actually someone in her life. Her muse.  

The audience 'ooh'ed and dimmed down. "Well, they are extremely lucky to have you, Ms. Howard. You are so incredibly talented and I can't wait to hear more from you. Please, give it up for Harley Howard, ladies and gentlemen." 

She stood from her chair and hugged Jimmy before exiting the stage. Behind the curtains, Harley shuffled around to find the eyes of Joe, who stood with his arms open and a smile upon his face. She grinned and raced into his arms, comforted in the solitude compared to the evergrowing audience onstage. 

"God, that was so nervewracking." She hung her arms around his shoulders tightly. 

"You know what else is?" He whispered into her ear.

"What?" 

"This." He pulled her away from him, only to place his lips upon hers enthusiastically. Harley froze for a few beats before holding her hands up to his cheeks, indulging herself into the kiss, his hands placed on the middle of her back. Joe smiled through their prolonged kiss, earning one from Harley, as well. 

They separated just a few inches before she began brushing through his hair. "That wasn't so bad."