031 - instagram and real life

emmahawkeofficial SO YOU TWO MADE UP??41 m ago     reply         ↳ uncle_jezzy wdym?39 m ago     reply         ↳ emmahawkeofficial harls finally talked to you right?? shit i should have just kept my mouth shut-34 m ago     reply         ↳ uncle_je...

41 m ago     reply
         ↳ uncle_jezzy wdym?
39 m ago     reply
         ↳ emmahawkeofficial harls finally talked to you right?? shit i should have just kept my mouth shut-
34 m ago     reply
         ↳ uncle_jezzy talk to me ab what? is there something i'm missing here??
32 m ago     reply

*

"What is Emma going on about, Harls?" Joe walked towards Harley, who was doing her makeup. He showed her the thread of comments, a worried look on his face. Harley paused applying her mascara to hesitantly take the phone from his hand. Her eyes scanned the screen, her stomach dropping with guilt. 

"I- I meant to talk to you about this, Joe, but I just couldn't find the time and I..." Her voice trailed off, her eyes slightly watering and a burning sensation tingling her nose. She warily looked up from the phone and into Joe's obscured eyes. 

She lifted her fingers towards her mouth, anxiously digging at the skin of her lips before darting her eyes towards the floor and saying, "I think... I think I need to focus on work..." 

"So that's it...?" Joe inquired, desperately searching for a look of devotion in his lover's eyes, his own starting to swell up in disbelief. 

"I'm sorry... I wanted this trip to fix it... But, I-" 

"So let me fix it, Harls, whatever it is. I can fix it, for you. I can't bear losing you, not now."

Her lips puffed up and turned into a deep frown, her expression changing into one of regret. "No, no. You're perfect, Joe. Really. I just don't think I can take the stress from work and a relationship right now..." She sobbed out. 

Minutes of explaining on end had passed and finally he was out the door, bags in hand, leaving her to contemplate the situation at the foot of her bed.