Finale part IX

The scene changes to Maisie taking a walk outside the cottage heading to the fire. Beta emerges from the foliage to see Maisie with curiosity. Beta chirps making Maisie look up to her. she stands up and slowly walks toward the baby raptor with some toast in her hands making Beta back away.

Maisie: Hey. You look just like Blue. is she your mother?

She notices Beta eyeing her toast.

Maisie: This? You want to try it? Okay?

Maisie slowly lifts the toast to Beta whom snatches it with her jaws and devours it just as her mother comes. Beta rushes behind Blue who snarls at Maisie. Owen then comes up from behind her.

Owen: Maisie, don't move.

Owen lifts his hand up to Blue who snarls protectively at him.

Owen: hey, Girl. Staying out of trouble?

Maisie: She had a baby? That's impossible.

Blue looks to Maisie then back to Owen as she smiles cooings to beta who walks up to Owen and leaps up to him in joy. Owen smiles in return with Maisie being allowed to scratch her chin. Owen looks to blue as they both share a bonding stare

Eventually blue calls to Beta as they both head into the forest.

Owen: Their nest's gotta be nearby. Maisie, get inside.

Maisie: I'm coming with you.

Owen: What did I just say?

Maisie storms off into the house with Owen following the raptors. unbeknownst to them they were being watched by Rainn as he lifts up his radio.

Rainn: We gotta move.

Radio: Not yet. We need the girl.

Maisie bursts into the cottage startling Claire.

Claire: Hey whats up?

Maisie slams the door behind her. Claire follows opening it up only to reveal the back door open.

Claire: Maisie? Maisie?

She turns to see Maisie outside with her bike and proceeds to walk out the front door.

Claire: Okay. Where are you going?

Maisie: You can't keep me here. Your not my mother.

Maisie gets on her bike and follows Owen leaving Claire by herself. but it doesn't go unnoticed by Rainn

Rainn: She's leaving the house.

We cut back to the raptors as Blue drops a freshly killed fox

Blue: help yourself sweetie. Need to keep your strength up

Beta proceeds to drag it a few inches away to eat. suddenly the ground bursts apart to reveal a spring trap catching a screaming Beta.

Blue: BETA!!! Don't worry! I'll get you down from there! Everything's gonna be ok-

Suddenly drives up and slams into Blue forcing her off a cliff. a few miles away Owen hears the commotion and sees Rainn's men carrying a net with Beta inside into the trunk of their truck. Owen makes a sprint for them and Blue tries to scale the cliff in vein.

Blue: beta!

The truck then drives off as Owen stops to see Rainn straight in the eye. Rainn raises his gun and shoots at Owen who dodges by inches. we then cut to Maisie who is on her bicycle driving over the bridge, only to stop when she sees a woman in front of a car across from her. Maisie stops as Rainn's truck comes from behind her.