Giving Him A Chance

On Jake's and I's way to school a car pulled up next to us, it was Lucas.

"Hey Jules! You guys want a ride to school?" Lucas asked.

"No we're okay thanks." Jake replied bitterly.

"Please let me help Juliet, it's the least I can do."

"Seriously I'm fine I just want to walk."

"Okay see you at school then!" Lucas said driving away.

"Weirdo." I said aloud quietly. I smiled to myself. Lucas reminded me of Jake a little. We arrived at school just on time.

We walked into our class and the rest of the day went on pretty normal. That is until Lucas approached me.

"So Jules, I hope it's okay I call you that, you want to hang out?" Lucas asked, I would have said no but he would never stop annoying me. I sighed,

"Sure, why not." I replied in a calm voice, Lucas stopped walking and looked at me shocked.

"Really! I thought you would have said no!" Lucas said with excitement, I stopped walking as well and turned to look at Lucas as students past us to leave school,

"Well if you don't want to hang out.."

"NO! I want to I'm just surprised." Lucas interrupted me.

"Okay then let's go." I said turning back to around to leave, Lucas walked up to me and we left school together. I wonder where Jake is? Normally he would meet me in front of the school, oh well maybe he had something he had to do.

The walk home wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, Lucas just talked and I just listened sometimes nodding my head or making small comments.

"We're here." I said as we walked up to the front door,

"Hey mom I'm home." I shouted as I walked into the house with Lucas behind me,

"Hi honey, how was school?" My mom asked as she walked down the stairs.

"Oh and who's this, Hey I'm Samantha, Juliet's mom." My mom said shaking hands with Lucas,

"I'm Lucas, Jules and I are in the same history class." Lucas said, I just rolled my eyes as he called me 'Jules'. My mom looked at me mouthed 'He's cute' and winked.

"Mom!" I shouted, she just chuckled as my cheeks turned red.

"So, Lucas would you like anything to drink?" Mom asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"No, but thank you for asking." Lucas declined nicely, "He's polite too!" My mom said laughing. I blushed even more,

"Mom we're going upstairs to study!" I said as my bangs covered my eyes and cheeks, I grabbed Lucas's arm and pulled him upstairs, he almost tripped on the way up.

"Haha my mom is so weird." I chuckled nervously as I jumped on my bed and Lucas sat in front of me.

"I think she's nice, way nicer than my mom," Lucas said getting quite near the end,

"Well you ready to study?" I asked clapping my hands together to break the silence.

"Do we have to?" Lucas complained, I rolled my eyes,

"Yes we do I don't want to fail the quiz."

"Ugh fine." Lucas agreed even though he didn't want to. We studied for a few hours laughing at the stupid stuff Lucas did.

"Okay well, it's getting pretty late I better get home." Lucas said getting off my bed and grabbing his backpack,

"K see you tomorrow." I said as I got off and walked with him to the front door.

"Well see ya." Lucas then walked out the door shutting the door behind him.

"So..." My mom said coming out of the kitchen,

"So.. what?" I asked with a 'what do you want' tone.

"So he was cute, are you two dating? I'm so glad you're making more friends!" My mom said really fast squealing like a teenager.

"Okay, stop right there, Lucas and I are not dating and I wouldn't even say that we're friends." I replied.

"Oh honey, you are so oblivious to things like this."

"What do you mean?" I questioned,

"He so likes you, you can see it in his eyes and oh gosh it's so obvious." My mom gushed, I just rolled my eyes,

"He doesn't like me, we don't even know each other that well." I said still trying to convince her.

"Oh come on I heard you two laughing." My mom giggled. I just sighed and walked up stairs to my room then plopped on my bed, staring at the ceiling just thinking about everything, Lucas, Jake, Mom, school, life. I started to drift off to sleep.