Work Time

I ended up falling asleep on the couch watching my favorite movie. I woke up the next day at 7 AM and got ready for work. I work at Jammin' Juice which is a fancy juice place that has been around since the 60s it's been worked on a little, we replace the floor and a few walls.

I went up to my room and took a quick shower to wake myself up, after my shower I got out my very interesting uniform. I sighed as I put it on, it was a bright neon shirt and I had to wear a funny hat with it, which wasn't very flattering to my thick black hair or my pale skin and dark blue eyes, but I wasn't going to complain as long as I got paid.

I grabbed my key for the house along with my bike and walked out the door. It only took about 10 minutes to get there, I biked up the hill and as soon as I got off I was greeted by being tackled to the ground, I looked at who attacked me and saw it was one of my co-worker, which didn't surprise me he attacks me every time.

"Ouch! Oh, Hi Zack." I mumbled.

"Haha, Hey Juliet I missed you. Where've you been?" Zack asked getting up while offering his hand to help me up.

"Yeah sorry I've been busy with school and such." I said taking his hand and brushing myself off.

"Such?" Zach asked questioningly.

"You know...just stuff." I replied walking inside Jammin Juice.

"Okay well I see you're not going to tell me but that's okay, you'll tell me when you want to." Zack said smiling and walking inside with me. I walked behind the counter where the cash register sits to go into the employee courtiers to check in and start work.

After a while of making juice for the impatient business people rushing to get to work, I got a break. I was to tired to leave so I just sat down on one of the seats and played on my phone while waiting for my break to end. My break ended and I went to get my hat in the back, I forgot it when I went off for my break. When I came back out with my hat on ready to work again I saw someone waiting at the register to order, I walked up with a closed eyed smile on my face and asked what they wanted to order.

"Juliet?" I opened my eyes to see who was connected to that familiar voice.

"Lucas?" I asked surprised to see him again after what all happened.

"Hey what are you doing here? Do you work here?" Lucas asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I do I've been working here for while actually." I explained. It was hard seeing him, every time I looked at him it reminded me how weak I was.

"So, what would you like?" I said giving him a fake smile.

"Oh right um I'll take a small kiwi blast."

"Okay. That'll be $4.25" Lucas handed me the cash.

"It'll be right up." I smiled and Lucas went to go sit down, I stepped away to go make his smoothy.

"Here you go." I said bringing it to Lucas's table. I was about to walk away when he started talking.

"Hey Jules, how are you holding up?" Lucas asked quietly so nobody else would hear. I had a feeling he was going to ask me, I wish he didn't though. I didn't turn around to face him, I couldn't, it was too painful.

"I'm fine." I said darkly walking away. Lucas grabbed my hand to stop me.

"Lucas."

"I know you're not fine." Lucas said not understanding I didn't want to talk about it.

"I said I'm fine. Just drop it."

"But..." Lucas replied so quiet it was almost a whisper, a very sad whisper. My eyes widened when he said that, But just as quick as my eyes widened they went back to the dead dull looking blues. I pulled my hand away from his grasp and just stood there, I turn around to look at him.

"I'm fine Lucas, don't worry." I replied giving him a small smile. I walked back behind the counter and Lucas just walked away looking unsure if he should say anything else or not. I'm not going to let Midnight manipulate me or anyone else if it's possible I don't want to get Lucas involved anymore then he already is.