A Note

I got back home after a long day at work, I couldn't help but think of Lucas and everything that has happened since I met him; Midnight, losing Jake, the Day Dreamer power, a lot has changed in my life and it scares me. I was used to my normal-boring life, but now it's starting to change, even so is making me stronger I may be scared but I know I can win this so called 'Game' Midnight has planned for me.

My mom still wasn't back from work, which was okay, I didn't really want questions about how my day has been to be thrown at me. I went upstairs to change into something comfier than my work clothes and what I found on my bed made my head dizzy and my stomach want to empty itself. A note. It read:

Hello my dear Juliet, I thought I'd make the game more interesting, I'm not going to tell you what changed but to make it more thrilling I have one question for you. Where is your beloved mother at?

There's no way... he couldn't have.... why did my mom have to get involved in this.

I need to call her just to see if it was true or not. It rang and rang, but no answer. Okay maybe her phones turned off or at least I tried to convince myself that but it wasn't working, my mom always answers her phone even if she's at work. I paced around the living room, not knowing what to do and where to find her.

"Mom....Where are you......" I dropped to the floor, rocking back and forth running my hands through my hair at a rapid speed. This is all his fault....Midnight....he's ruining my life. I got up quickly running to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, fresh tears running down my face, but my eyes were drawn to my forehead. I looked at those words and felt only disgust. I started to claw at my forehead, anything to get those words out of my head!

"All his fault...All his fault!" I screamed sliding to the floor with my head slightly bleeding. I've lost everything...my mom...Jake....everyone I care about...except for Lucas...I pulled myself up from the floor and to the front door, slipped on some shoes then went out the door I turned around and locked the door even though that doesn't seem to do anything anyway, not even my own house is safe now. I ran quickly to Lucas's house wanting nothing more than to cry. I got to Lucas's front door and knocked on the door and waited, I was met with that familiar dirty blond hair and piercing green eyes that were filled with worry.

"Jules? What's wrong?" Lucas asked while letting me come inside.

"OH MY GOD JULIET WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HEAD!?" Lucas freaked out seeing my bleeding head coming over to look at it closer.

"Come on let's get you a bandage..." Lucas said worriedly taking me by arms. He remained quiet while cleaning my wound and placed a bandage on it, taking glances at me, scared to say a word.

"M-my mom....Midnight took my mom." I barely managed to say knowing that meant I realize that she really is gone.

"Oh my gosh Juliet I'm so sorry..." Lucas said bring me into an embrace, not a tight one though knowing that if he did I might break like glass.

"This is all my fault." I whispered into Lucas's chest as a single tear fell from my face.

"Shh it's not your fault you didn't know this was going to happen." Lucas continued to whisper comforting words in my ear, never leaving the hug.

"I can't let this get to me, I need to stay focused on the goal and that goal is beating midnight. If it's a game he wants it's a game he'll get." I said pushing through the pain.

"Absolutely, just remember that midnight is powerful if you want to beat him I'm going to have to train you." Lucas replied.

"Thank you Lucas I couldn't do this without you." I said giving Lucas a genuine smile, he smiled back. I guess I really do need Lucas to help me through this.