Training

"Alright so to start off this training we're going to be preparing your mind." Lucas explained sitting down on the couch. I nodded my head sitting on the couch across from him.

"Midnight is the strongest one of us all and it won't be easy, more so that we don't even know what he has in-store for us in this game." Lucas said putting his hand on his chin in a thinking way.

"So what can I do to make sure I don't lose?" I questioned.

"I was getting to that, You're going to have to learn to be able to use your power while you're not asleep."

"How is that even possible I thought you can only use the power when you're asleep to let it affect the dreams." I asked, confused by what he meant.

"Do you know why the people with this power are called Day dreamers?" Lucas asked me. I shook my head not sure what he meant.

"Well, we're called that not only because of being able to do this while we're asleep, but because we can do it while still being awake. But, we have to be in a dreamlike state, which you are when you daydream. You end up going into this state without realizing it, which can be both good and dangerous; dangerous because Midnight could do something, nothing like that 'scar' but he could still interact with you in your head." Lucas explained answering my question. I nodded my head as he continued.

"So now I want you to close your eyes and focus." Lucas said in a very calm voice. I did just as he said.

"Now think of something that makes you happy or something of intense emotions." I thought of ice cream and winter and things like that that make me happy.

"It's not working." I said annoyed opening my eyes.

"Okay forget thinking of something random focus on one thing in general one thing that you've felt the most emotional about." Lucas replied. I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath. I thought about when my mom and I went to the fair that comes to town every now and then, we had so much fun that day, we laughed and went on so many rides. We ate so much food. We just had a fun mother daughter day.

"Juliet are you okay?" I heard Lucas ask. I opened my eyes again.

"Haha yeah I'm okay." I replied smiling to myself remembering the memory.

"Are you sure? You're crying." Lucas said. I felt my cheek and realized it was damp. I was crying.

"Maybe we should stop for now..." Lucas said wearily.

"No I'm fine. Let's do this." I replied strong. Lucas just sighed.

"Okay so close your eyes again, now try to steady your breathing and relax." I closed my eyes and focus again. I thought about my mom, Jake, Midnight. How mad I was at Midnight and took that anger and put it into energy.

"Good now picture yourself somewhere..." The rest of his voice faded away and I was suddenly in a big open field. I could still sense everything around me and I felt like I was still awake. Around me was the very place I pictured, it felt so real like I was actually there.

"Wow it's beautiful." I whispered looking around at the stormy sky as the wind blew my hair and shirt rapidly around.

"Very good you got that pretty quickly." Lucas said as he appeared next to me.

"You're a fast learner. Now that you got that down, Let's have you try to make something appear in your hand and do this without closing your eyes. I took a breath and wiggled my fingers a little, they felt like they were pulsing with energy and I turned that into a sword which was exactly what I was picturing in my hand. The sword felt so light and easy to wield like it was meant to set in my hand.