Estranged

At the top here is a song that I felt would be perfect for the fight between Adam and the reader. May Chester Bennington rest in peace.

You stood in front of your brother Adam inside the burning cafeteria. You still felt the dread and guilt for having abandoned him. But you knew it wasn't right for him to take his anger out on humanity.

y/n: Adam. It's time for this to stop. 

Adam glared at you angrily.

Adam: Yes, it IS!

Adam dashed at you and attempted to slash at you with Wilt but you blocked with Alpha and caught Adam in a blade lock. 

y/n: Adam! This isn't right! Hurting these people isn't going to make things better! It will only make things worse, and bringing the White Fang here is only going to get them hurt!

You pushed against Adam and shoved him back. Adam growled angrily.

Adam: You think I risked the lives of the faunus here to attack this school!?

Adam slashed at you with Wilt as you parried with Alpha while you used your Moonslice semblance to absorb the energy.

Adam: I didn't bring them here to make a statement!

Adam slashed again with greater force as you parried and were forced to take a step back as you absorbed the energy with your Moonslice semblance. 

Adam: I didn't bring them here to get back at the people who hurt us!

Adam slashed again with even greater force as you parried again staggering backward as you absorbed the energy with your Moonslice semblance.

Adam: I brought them here to protect them!

You saw Adam's hair, brand, clothes, and weapon all glow red. You knew he was making use of his Moonslice semblance so you made use of yours as well as your hair, clothes, and weapon began to glow white as you met his attack. The collision of your blades created a shockwave of energy blasting away the fire within the burning cafeteria. You and Adam pushed against each other and knocked each other backward ten feet but still stood on your feet.

Adam: Cinder threatened to kill all of us if we didn't help her with this invasion. I didn't have a choice!

You were shocked. You knew Cinder must have been behind the incident at the tournament but you didn't consider how she would have leverage over the White Fang.

y/n: Cinder threatened you?

Adam shrugged as he looked to the ground before looking back at you.

Adam: Yes! Every last one of us! 

You weren't sure how Cinder could have successfully threatened all of the White Fang in Vale and your brother Adam. But you knew Adam wouldn't lie to you about the White Fang or protecting people he cared about. You knew then that Adam wasn't leading this attack out of sheer malice but was looking out for the White Fang. 

y/n: Adam. I know good people who can help. You don't have to be forced to work for Cinder anymore. 

Adam glared at you angrily. 

Adam: So now you want to help? You ran off and decided to help the people who hurt us for so long. 

Adam pointed to the brand mark on his face and then grunted as he dropped his hand.

Adam: You broke your promise.

You felt the sense of guilt and dread come over you again. It now felt almost unbearable as you remembered the promise you made Adam.