An Unhappy Ending

You, Yang, Tai, and Qrow were all being dropped off at Yang and Ruby's family home at Patch. General Ironwood decided to give you one last farewell before leaving you to stay with Yang and her family. 

General Ironwood: I'm sorry for trying to force you to come back to Atlas y/n.

You smiled at General Ironwood reassuringly. 

y/n: It's ok James. You were just doing what you felt is best. But I do think that staying with Yang right now is what's best. 

General Ironwood smiled back at you. But his smile quickly faded as he looked down remorsefully.

General Ironwood: I'm sorry she got hurt. 

You looked down remorsefully as you remembered Yang getting her arm cut off by your brother Adam. But you did your best to put on a brave face as you looked back up to General Ironwood.

y/n: It's not your fault James. Lots of people got hurt today. 

General Ironwood grunted as he looked off to the side frustrated.

General Ironwood: Because of MY machines. 

You shook your head to reassure General Ironwood.

y/n: James, it's not your fault that happened.

General Ironwood looked back at you with a serious face.

General Ironwood: But the world still saw MY machines attack other soldiers, students, and civilians. 

General Ironwood shook his head in frustration. 

General Ironwood: I need to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I've relied too much on machines to replace soldiers out in the field. So I'm going to make sure every soldier we have out there is properly equipped for battle and at their best. I won't let something like this happen again.

You knew General Ironwood was right. All of his machines were taken over by a single virus. 

y/n: That might be best. 

You placed your hand on General Ironwood's shoulder to comfort him. 

y/n: But it wasn't your fault. It was the people who took control of your machines that did this. 

General Ironwood looked back at you still with a serious face before nodding.

General Ironwood: Yes. And there still out there. And now Ozpin is gone. This is why I'll be keeping Atlas under high alert.

You were a bit shocked you realized Professor Ozpin wasn't at the settlement with everyone else.

y/n: What happened to Ozpin?

General Ironwood sighed and looked down remorsefully.

General Ironwood: The people who attacked Beacon may have killed him y/n. But he has... a backup plan for if something like this were to happen.

You felt like General Ironwood was hiding something from you but you knew he wouldn't hide something unless it was important.

General Ironwood: And with the tower down communication inside the kingdom and to other kingdoms won't be possible. What's worse is that the last thing people saw was Atlas machines attacking innocent people. Times will be tough now and people won't know who to trust but I'll make sure Atlas will do whatever it can to try and fix things.

General Ironwood then placed his hand on your shoulder.

General Ironwood: Take good care of yourself now y/n. And your girlfriend too. I'll try to help out with what happened when I get back to Atlas.