I won't run again Ch.4

Leon POV•

"Dear Leon...I wonder about you every day. I wonder where you are now, what you could be doing, or even what it is that you might have eaten in a day. Although I know you don't worry about me in the same way I like to pretend that you do and by tomorrow you'll be walking through my front door using the spare key that I would hide just for you. I miss you...and I love you still and I hate myself for doing so because it's not fair to her. Kim Leon why....why me, why us, why at the time I needed you most.
~Jullian

I couldn't believe it after three years of no communication with one another here I was rereading the note over and over again.

I'm ashamed not only have I failed as a lover but most of all as a father to my child. I found out her name today Hee-Ari Kim I've done nothing for this child since she was born yet he still gave her my surname.

I felt physical pain in my chest it almost felt like my organs were shifting. I checked the envelope again and felt my tears build up.

Pictures of Hee-Ari I couldn't believe I missed out on caring for someone so precious. She is half of me and i........ I abandoned her and her mother.

I gently smile at the pictures and admire Hee-Ari

I gently smile at the pictures and admire Hee-Ari. Appa is sorry Hee-Ari I didn't want to leave but I knew I wasn't ready to take care of you I didn't want to fail you but I ended up doing so anyway.

To my luck Jullian did leave his number on the note. Maybe I had a chance maybe I could right my wrongs before it was far to late I want Jullian to know I still and always have loved him. I want to be there for my daughter I won't run away again.
___________•••••••••••••••••___________
*the next day

Jullian POV•

I woke up to the sound of the harsh rain beating against my window. Somehow it matched my current emotions perfectly as if the sky were my teary eyes the ones I find myself going to sleep with more and more these days.

I have no strength to get out of bed not just because it's way to early in the morning but because I'm drained but I have to be strong for Hee-Ari.

I force myself out of bed and walk across the hall to Hee Ari's room. I open her door as silently as I can and lay myself next to her balled up figure.

My weight must have bothered her. She peeked her eyes open and squinted as if she was trying to shake her sleep covered vision away. I chuckled at her cuteness and begin to caress her head trying to lure her back to sleep.

"Ari it's ok it's mommy go back to sleep love"

"Only if you stay here and sleep with me" I smile and kiss her forehead.

"Alright" Five minutes after she fell asleep again I stayed up thinking it's been a while.

Has Leon received my letter I wonder. Maybe it took longer to be hand delivered. 'Or what if he just wants nothing to do with you and your daughter Jullian'.

Nonsense don't think so negatively he will contact me soon. I sent him pictures from when Hee-Ari was six months old, two and a half, and finally three. She changed a lot in a short period of time.

I wonder what Leon will think I can picture him smiling at the pictures fondly. His first time seeing Hee-Ari I can't wait for those two to finally meet.

Leon hurry back to us please i have so much hatred for him leaving me when I needed him most but my love for him will always over power that.

Leon didn't leave just because he didn't want to be a parent Leon left because he thought he wouldn't be a good enough parent. In the process of being caught in his own negative thoughts, he started to believe them and proved himself correct.

His love for me might not be as strong anymore but I'm okay with that as long as he can give all his love plus more to our daughter.

And even though Ari has never met her father she still misses and expects him to come home every year because of that damned lie I told her when she had just turned two.

She started asking for her father around that time when she picked up on other households and noticed ours wasn't like other's. She's a very smart bean.

"Ari daddy works far from here but I promise he will come back home soon"

I made that promise to not only her but to myself.