010📼

July 20th 2022

i turned on my vlog camera as i sat on the edge of my bed. "hey guys so.. i haven't posted since the fun fair at the the start of the month, um" i take a deep breath as i fiddled with the edge of my covers.

"i haven't really had any motivation to make a whole blog lately but i thought i'd update you guys on my life. i've lost my bestfriend, been accused of cheating, my 'big sister/ mom' figure moved to the other side of america, um and i just received a text, from my 'mom'" i list using my fingers.

"this text is from my adoptive mom, because i've been lying to you all. My 'mom' Helen, Russel is actually not my mom. she adopted me after my biological mom passed when me and chase were barely 2" i began. "the text reads 'hey hun, this is random and i have no idea why i'm breaking the news to you but last night your father was stabbed multiple times and his body was later behind a trash can, he's in hospital in Carlsbad. don't think he's gonna make it though!" i read from my phone, sniffling.

"he's not death, but i even think myself that he won't make it. he's to week, his body isn't strong enough." i shrug "my dad done everything he could to be a dad, he knew he wasn't the best father but he tried, and he said sorry so many fucking times for not trying hard enough. but if im honest, he was the best. After my mom died he didn't give up, he found his kids a new mom figure, he didn't drink away his life, he got an even better job, he turned up to things, he was never once, not even a minute fucking late to any of my shows not one!" i sob.

"i looked up to him a lot, i told everyone 'i'm gonna be as great of a parent like my dad is' he even made his own way from Carlsbad to LA so he could be my plus one to release party's, when my songs dropped or movies dropped? he wore merch" i nod staring at the picture of him.

"and one time his uber made him 2 minutes late to my middle school graduation and he never forgave himself for it, he felt that bad he was always 30 minutes early to everything after that"

"my father was the best and to think people had the audacity to hate on him, they need help. he was the nicest and funniest man ever. he was such- such a sweetheart and he didn't deserve this. i'm sorry-" i gasp trying to control my breathing, i click the stop bottom as i cry into my hands.

"god is never on my FUCKING SIDE" i groan kicking the stand over, my camera hits the floor breaking into pieces.

knock knock

"hello? Anna i'm coming in"
i hear Jacob say before he bursts open the door.

"Jesus christ.." he mumbles before rushing over pulling me into a hug. "what the hell happened?" he asks rubbing my back.

"my dad.. they hurt him!" i sob. "who did?" he whispers.

"the.. the guys i told you about. all the stabbings in his area, they got him last night" i sniffle. "shit, want to drive down?" he suggests wiping my face.

"i'm gonna call the hospital first, wouldn't wanna turn up and get turned away" i choke out grabbing my phone dialling Carlsbad medical centre.

"Carlsbad medical centre how can i help" a lady speaks. "hi um my father, Murray stokes was rushed into hospital early this morning is he aloud visitors yet?" i ask as Jacob packs me an over night bag incase.

"ah Murray Ellen Stokes? 54, injured with stab wounds?" she asks. "yes that's him!" i half smile.

"he's aloud visitors, up to 3 max at a time, can i book you an appointment?" she suggests. "yes! would some time around 6ish work?" i ask as it was already half 3.

"yes! that would be perfect, i just need your name and all visitors will have to be related and not a stranger" she asks, chuckling.

"okay great, i'm Annabel Stokes, his daughter. the other visitors will be his.. son in law and nephew" i tell her, watching Jackson's goes red as he stands at the door way.