Chapter XII🌱

Zenitsu coughs the last time, he flushes the toilet right after. He cleans his mess. This was the third time this week. Over a month has passed and the sickness did not disappear or seems to get better. In fact, it gets worse by every day, hour, minute, second. It's like something frightening is growing inside of him.

His friends don't notice though, the blonde tries his best to be the same. Being the noisy one everyone knows. His throat doesn't help really. And today the demon slayers were doing a competition. And of course, he will be teaming with his dear friends. That includes the Hashiras.

Zenitsu: 'Let me get one day of peace, Ayumu.'

At the competition...

Tanjiro was happy he was his friends. It's been a long time since they did something like that together.

Tanjiro: I'm so excited!

Inosuke: ME TOO! I'M GOING TO BEAT EVERYONE!

Sanemi: Yeah good luck with that.

The Master walked in peacefully and calm, the rest bowed to him with respect.

"Good morning, my children. The others have started with some basic competitions, but as you are so special I would like to do something different. I'm going to pick out partners and you must complete this challenge. You will be tied to each other and can NOT do it on your own. This requires patience and friendship as well as teamwork. Your challenge is to go through the forest, small flags guiding you. The first one to arrive here will be awarded with a free day."

They cheered and made happy comments.The master smiled at his precious 'children'.

"I'll say now the partners'

.
.
.

Sanemi: I hate this.

Inosuke: I HATE IT MORE.

Kaigaku wasn't even speaking he was pitying himself at that point.

Rengoku laughed at the males.

Rengoku: I like mine!

Uzui: Same!

Partners:

Tanjiro and Kanao
Muichiro and Genya
Gyomei and Iguro
Shinobu and Giyuu
Rengoku and Uzui
Sanemi, Kaigaku and Inosuke
Zenitsu and Mitsuri

Shinobu: 💢How lovely I'm with you, Tomioka~!

Giyuu frowned.

Iguro gave Zenitsu a death glare while him and Mitsuri were talking.

Mitsuri: We're going to have so much fun Zenitsu!

Zenitsu: I know! I'm glad I got you.

Tanjiro smiled at the two.

Tanjiro: You ready, Kanao?

Kanao nodded cheerfully.

Master: Let the competition begin!

The group were walking through the forest, quick and confident. They had some laughs like when Sanemi and Inosuke were fighting and trying to pull they fell. Some of them stayed a little behind talking.