Chapter XXXV

"The assembly is about to begin, where are these two?!" Asks Genya, Kanao by his side.

"Don't worry, they'll arrive now. Is Muichiro with the Hashiras?"

"Yeah... they needed to be together for this important event." Genya smiles.

"Makes sense." Nods Nezuko.

"There they are." Kanao points out.

"Hey, you two!"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?! You two are late! Honestly, love makes you stupid.." the Boar head protests.

"As if you could talk about that." Chuckles Zenitsu.

"HUH?!"

"Attention. We are about to begin."

The group is silent while sits down.

So, this was the plan, the crows have informed them that the demons were in their way. They just didn't know when they were going to attack. They just had to take turns for now, protecting their homes.

It was all going according to plan. What they didn't except is that the demons were going to be divided, one group going to the Master's home. The plan became a chaos.

People were screaming and running, not knowing where to go. Tanjiro was going towards the Master's home when he spotted the blonde.

"Zenitsu!"

"Tanjiro!"

"They started attacking the Master's home, I need to go to protect him but-"

"I know, I know. Nezuko is the other way, I've got that covered. Kaigaku and I are going towards that way.."

"But that means.."

"We'll have to go separate ways."

Tanjiro frowns, a little terrified. Zenitsu was getting nervous, however, he tried to calm down for him. The last thing they wanted was one of his crybaby moments.

"Oh Zenitsu...but will you be okay? You are still recovering...and I don't want you to get hurt..." Tanjiro says, he was really worried.

Zenitsu decides to make one last move. He grabs the burgundy's face gently and gives him a soft kiss.

"I'll be fine...Be careful! Don't be so reckless, please... I'll be waiting for you."

Tanjiro's eyes glows. He grabs the blonde by the waist and, once again, pulls him in for a kiss.

"I love you dummie." Scoffs Zenitsu

"I love you more, my dandelion."

With a few tears in their eyes, they part ways.