Chapter 1: The Awakening

Y/n: "How long has it been? Where am I? Oh, I remember where I am. This crystal shell is what I've called home for all these years. I must go and see the world I have been awoken to." The crystal shell that had surrounded Y/n for years finally cracked open. Y/n opened his weakened eyes and looked at the cave he was in. "This cave hasn't changed after all this time. I must leave, however, and see why I have been awoken."

Y/n walked through the darkness of the cave and looked for the beams of the outside world. However, the lights of old were far gone and were replaced with the emptiness of the present. Y/n looked over the baron wasteland and stared at the night sky.

Y/n: "This world is not the one I remember. The town that resided not too far away is long gone, or at least it seems that way. Something is off. The Paths do not seem to be balanced and have been taken out of order. The nine paths seem to only be eight now. Hmm, that's possibly the reason I awoke, or I was awoken." Y/n walked into the open fields surrounding the cave. "There should be horses nearby. This island is practically untouched from what I remember."

Y/n whistled out and saw a horse run in his direction. The horse had a full saddle on which greatly confused Y/n. He checked the pockets on the Sadler and saw spare clothes. Y/n quickly placed on the white, buttoned t-shirt and the black trousers. He also placed on some brown boots, which were attached to a separate hook, and had a knife stashed in a separate pocket on the side of the boot.

Y/n: "Huh, that's odd. This horse doesn't just have a saddle but appears to be military-grade. The spare clothes and the size of this thing are a big giveaway. Still, strikes me as odd. The military tends to love their horses. So why would one be here by itself?" Y/n climbed onto the horse's back, which he quickly set off. Y/n rode in silence while he observed his surroundings.

Time skip:

Shiganhsina:

Y/n: "So this is the strange presence I felt from the paths. These walls must be 50 meters or so. Impressive. Hmm, the gate has been destroyed, however. What the hell happened?" Y/n entered Shiganshina but was quickly taken off guard by an abnormal Titan sprinting his way. "What the?! Why the hell are there pure Titans?! Ahhh, whatever! I suppose I have no choice but to Transform."

Y/n jumped off his horse and bit his hand. He transformed into the Path Titan, showing its sharp and serrated teeth, its jagged jaw, and a cold, white, scaly skin around its nape and shoulders.  The Path Titan stood at 15 metres, overlooking the small wooden structured houses. The Path Titan let out a screeching scream, which temporarily paralysed the abnormal Titan. The abnormal Titan fell in front of the Path Titan, making it easy for its nape to the crushed by a stomp.

Y/n: "Filthy...still, how the hell are there Pure Titans about? This makes little sense to me." Y/n moved his Path Titan through the long stretch of road in the middle of the Shiganshina district. Y/n, reluctantly, killed any Pure Titan that crossed his path. Y/n reached the gate that led into Wall Maria and observed the gate. "This looks more like it was crashed into than smashed through like the front gate. Hmmm, there are 6 paths beyond these walls but only 5 people. If I had to take a guess, I'd say the outermost gate was destroyed by the Colossal Titan. The explosive-like shape of its destruction is the biggest giveaway. However, the inner gate is more Titan-shaped. Like someone ran through it. I guess that it must be the Armoured Titan that caused this. Well, it's no point staying here for much longer. There has to be more beyond these walls. How long is that journey, however? I guess I'll have to find out."

Y/n walked through the gate and set Path Titan running to Wall Rose. As he ran closer and closer to Wall Rose, he saw more and more blood scattered on the ground.

Y/n: "What in the hell happened here? Why's there so much blood and bodies?" Y/n stopped the Path Titan and exited the nape. He lowered himself down to the ground and assessed a man with half his body missing. "He got bit in half. Most likely by a Titan. All these people were sent out here to fight? Most likely they were sent out here to die. *sigh* I must move on, however. I wish you all sleep in peace. I'm sure the Paths will make for a happy afterlife."