Part 10: Resurgence

Suddenly, Y/n's body shocked itself awake. Another two shocks shot through Y/n as he awakened. It was getting darker but the sun was slowly beginning to show itself. They had both slept for at least twelve hours. Annie had also awakened after Y/n got shocked. Activating his ability, he saw that all remaining Titan shifters in Wall Rose were together.

Annie: "Something wrong?" Annie stared at Y/n's eyes, whose low purple glow unsettled her.

Y/n: "Yeah...it looks as if they've found out about Reiner and Betholdt." Annie turned and looked at the direction Y/n was looking. Yet, she saw nothing.

Annie: "How do you know?"

Y/n: "Shocks mean that someone has used the Paths. I felt three go off." Y/n went silent. It annoyed him how his power only gave a rough understanding of what was happening. "You planning on joining back up with them?"

Annie: "Depends. Will I be able to find them without being seen?"

Y/n: "We'll have to wait and see." An awkward silence showered over them both. The two had known each other for five years, yet it looked as if they had first met. How their relationship was, can never be that again.

Annie: "Where were Reiner and Bertholdt during Stohess?"

Y/n: "While we were in Stohess, they were taken, alongside the other Cadets, by Miche somewhere North of Trost."

Annie: "I see." They both went silent again. This uneasy alliance had made things more complicated.

Y/n: "Why do you want to go home to your dad, even after everything he's done to you?"

Annie: "That's a loaded question."

Y/n: "I'm asking because I'm curious." Annie spoke as she sorted out her hair.

Annie: "I don't know myself to be honest. I guess after everything he did, to know that he cared for me the whole time was rather comforting. I'm trained to be a soldier. That's what I am and that's what I'll always be. Is that a good enough answer?"

Y/n: "Yeah...it's good enough." Annie finished sorting her hair out and looked towards the distance. Fields were scattered with sleeping Titans. "Sad, isn't it? To see humans be turned into such things."

Annie: "Most of them are criminals. Do they deserve pity?"

Y/n: "I agree." This happened to take Annie off guard. "This is what happens to people of fallen Empires. Oppressors become oppressed. Funny bit of irony no?"

Annie: "On the extreme end of irony."

Y/n: "But irony nonetheless." As the sun began to rise, some of the Titans began to awaken. "Let's get going."

Annie: "Where to?"

Y/n: "We'll have to try and intercept Reiner and Bertholdt. At my speed, it should only take a few hours."

Annie: "What of the Pure Titans?" She asked worried. "They'll come after us you know."

Y/n: "You're not the only one who can control them, Annie. Plus, if any of them do cause us problems, I can easily take care of them." Begrudgingly, Annie went along with Y/n. She didn't have much choice anyway.

Annie: "Lead the way." Y/n jumped off the branch they were on. Biting his hand, he transformed into his Titan. Annie attached herself to its shoulder while it began to gain momentum. "Let's hope your weird Path thingy works how it should."

Path Titan: "It...will. Trust...me." Like other Titans, the Path Titan struggled to talk. Another symbol of their strange anatomy.

Annie: "I'm gonna trust you, for better or for worse..."