Chapter 2: 104th Cadet Corps

2 years later:

Y/n's journal:

These 2 years haven't given me much to look upon. However, I have been able to find the 5th user on these walls. Although I couldn't talk to the girl, she seems like a pain in the ass. She's a good thief and seems oddly fascinated by the church. Maybe she overheard something once? I should look into it when I can. They also gained considerable power after Wall Maria fell. Hopefully finding information will be easier when I join the military.

However, I still haven't determined which holder is which. Eren must've been the disturbance I was feeling. He does hold two Paths after all, and the fact that his father is missing raises questions. Perhaps his Farther was the previous holder. That would explain why he's been missing. By the way, Eren talks about Titans, I don't believe he knows he can transform. I could be wrong, but if he knew the truth, I doubt he'd hate them so much.

Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie are hard to figure out. Annie is incredibly stubborn and closed off while Bertholdt just follows Reiner. I know that the Colossal and Armoured are here. Those two are a part of this group of three. Bertholdt is the most weak-minded of the three so I'm not too sure if he has the Colossal. Considering the power of the Colossal Titan, it wouldn't strike me as a bad idea for him to hold it. Marley would probably do it as it's easier to control him. I suppose the Armoured could be Reiner but I'm still not sure. There are still others to consider.

When I entered that goddamn shell the world was at war with itself. The simple fact that Titan users are working together again is crazy to me. The simple fact that Marley controls them now is odd as well. Still, though, I know so little about the world. Lady Ymir has only told me what happened between I entered the shell, and when the Eldian Empire migrated to Paradise.

Well, I can exclude the Warhammer Titan being here. It's way too impractical for a mission like this. I suppose I can exclude the Cart Titan as well. If the group is found out then the Cart is practically useless. Especially in fights against other wielders of Titan Powers. Marley never got the Attack Titan and the Founding Titan either so it's not them.

The thief is an odd one though. She isn't connected to any of the others in any way that I've seen. However, my search of the Paths has shown me that three of the Titan holders are not on the walls. However, I still have time to figure these things out.

End journal:

Y/n closed his journal and slammed his hands on the desk.

Y/n: "Why doesn't any of this make any goddamn sense?!" Y/n calmed himself down and started to pace around his room. *sigh* "I shouldn't stress myself over something like this. I still have time to figure this out. Hopefully signing up for the military will give me some answers. If it doesn't, then I'll at least get a good understanding of how this world operates."

Y/n walked out of his room and walked downstairs. Y/n had stayed in a room above a pub for two years, occasionally helping them out when times got busy. In return, the owners fed and housed Y/n for 2 years.

Y/n: "Here's the key to the room."

Pub Owner: "You're finally going to sign up Huh?"

Y/n: "It appears so."

Pub Owner: "We'll miss having you here. Our customers seemed to like how talkative you were to them."

Y/n: "Haha yeah I guess I'm a bit of a talker."

Pub Owner: "Haha I suppose you are." Y/n walked out of the Pub and began walking to the Trost Garrison HQ.

Y/n thoughts: "I suppose there's no turning back now. I guess I'll have to see what my first day is like. Why can't anything just be easy?"