Chapter 11: Experiments

Next Week: Commanders Office

After Y/n returned to the Walls, he had been placed away from his fellow Scouts. Knowledge of Historia being taken away was soon to reach the Reiss family. Luckily for Y/n, only members of the Survey Corp were told of his claim. But still, when Rod Reiss was to find out about Y/n, he would instantly be targeted by the Military Police. Strangely, however, he had been summoned to the Commander's office with Conny. Hange had come to pick him up from his isolation chamber but did not speak a single word to him. Hange led the way and opened the door to Erwin's office.

Levi: "Theirs the shit stain." Commander Erwin and Commander Pyxis were present in the room. Levi was also sitting in the corner of the room.

Hange: "So you were here all along, Commander Pyxis. I'm here to report on what you asked for."

Erwin: "Please, introduce yourself, soldier." Conny looked nervous. It was his first time talking to the Commander.

Conny: "I am Conny Springer of Ragako village!"

Hange: "Since he was there to witness the incident, I had him accompany my squad."

Levi: "Good work Conny."

Conny: "Thank you, sir."

Hange: "Allow me to explain. The town was full of evidence that supports the theory we have about where the Titans came from at this time. The buildings in the village all appeared to have been blown apart from the inside. Yet, despite all of this destruction, we couldn't find a single bloodstain. More importantly, we have yet to locate a single resident from Ragiko. And, the total number of Titans discovered and defeated was the same as the number of individuals who lived there. We believe it is highly likely that the Titans that appeared inside the Wall were the residents of Ragako Village." Y/n was rather impressed by Hange. Her intuitions and scientific thought process were also like that of his Father.

Erwin: "So you're saying that the Titans are actually humans?"

Hange: "We don't have solid proof that all Titans are made this way, but if they are, I have a hunch about what's inside the Titans weak spot. Even if two Titans vary wildly in size, the weak spot is always the same. One meter long, ten centimetres wide. Do you'd match those proportions up to a normal human body you'd get the spinal column leading out of the brain. A Titan can't regenerate and ceases to function if you cut this area. Probably because these organs are independent from the rest of the Titan's body."

Levi: "You always slice open the necks of Titans you capture alive and yet you've never seen anything like that, have you?"

Hange: "True...I've never seen anything that looks particularly human. Their napes close up immediately if you do something like cut through them with a single blade, so I can't imagine a human brain in there. Yet there has to be something in there the size of a brain and spinal column. Perhaps it's synthesised into the Titan body and hard to make out."

Levi: "I'm not sure what you're getting at four eyes."

Hange: "Er, sorry."

Levi: "So what? The flesh I've devoted my life to slicing out is actually part of a human being? I've been flying around killing humans this whole time? Is that what you're saying?"

Hange: "I told you there's no solid proof."

Pyxis: "But if it is true...I wonder. Could the difference between regular Titans and Titans like Erean and Y/n, be that their bodies aren't completely absorbed?" A crazed smile filled up Commander Erwin's face. The questions he had wanted answered were finally being answered after all this time.