Chapter 3: Facing the Past

2 hours later:

Y/n walked out of the bar after he finished drinking. He gave the bartender a quick thank you before exiting the Pub.

Y/n's thoughts: "I may as well do some digging around while I'm here. I'm pretty sure there's one of 'the Church of the Walls' churches nearby. Let's hope there still open for visitors."
Y/n walked through the empty streets of Trost on his way to the Church. As Y/n reached the Church, he snuck behind a crate of boxes. He poked his head over to see two men, talking to a man in dark, black overalls. *distant chatter* "Must be the vicar. Let's visit him."

Y/n grabbed and pulled up a section of his t-shirt to cover his mouth. Y/n began to slowly walk to the entrance of the church. As he got closer, he saw the logo of the MP regiment, on the men the vicar was talking to.

Y/n thoughts: "Well, time to get my hands dirty." Y/n pulled the knife out of his boot and lunged towards the MP soldiers.

MP soldier 1: "Oh what the" Y/n quickly stabbed the man in the throat, throwing him to the floor.

MP Soldier 2: "You bastard! I'll-" Before the soldier could finish his sentence, Y/n had already stabbed him multiple times in the gut.

Y/n: "What foul language in a church. Well, with that out of the way-"

Vicar: "What do you want?" The vicar cut off Y/n and stared with no emotion.

Y/n: "Hmmm...unshaken, even after seeing two men being brutally killed."

Vicar: "Death does not shake me. I know that even in death, my faith will live on."

Y/n: "A man of faith I see."

Vicar: "Tell me what you want! My time is precious." The vicar gave an empty and intimidating glare at Y/n.

Y/n: "What connection does Christa Lenz have to the church?"

Vicar: "I don't know who that is-"

Y/n: "Don't lie to me. One way or another I'll get the information I need."

Vicar: "As I said, I do not know who she is." Y/n slowly walked up to the vicar and placed his finger, on the vicar's forehead.

Y/n:*sigh* "My time is precious too."    Y/n's eyes turned a deep purple, as he entered the vicar's mind.

Vicar: "What are planning to do to me?"

Y/n: "Hmmm I see. So she's the bastard child of the king of the walls. You don't appear to know his name or appearance. That's a shame." The vicar stood in shock as Y/n pulled his finger away.

Vicar: "What...how?!"

Y/n: "It's simple, I just entered your consciousness. As I mentioned a name familiar to you, your mind automatically remembers what it can about the person."

Vicar: "That shouldn't even be plausible! Are you some kind of God?!"

Y/n: *chuckle* "No, I'm no god. Just a man tired of following others." Before the vicar could say anything, Y/n cut his throat. Killing him instantly.

Y/n thoughts: "What am I exactly? To be honest, I'm not sure myself. The only thing I do know is that Lady Ymir no longer controls me." Y/n looked around the church and walked away from the scene. Y/n snuck through the back alleys of Trost until he was further enough not to be suspected. "I'm not at all surprised by seeing the Military Police. One of the most basic rules of ruling is using religion to control the population. I wonder what I would do in that situation?"

Y/n began to look around the streets and was surprised by the lack of Garrison Soldiers anywhere.

Y/n: "They've slacked off the discipline since back then."