Part 9: Raid on Stohess

Next Day:

Y/n awaited with Hange and a small contingent of Fourth Squad. Stohess, like many districts in Wall Sina, is characterised by its beauty and wealth. The city is predominantly occupied by the upper class. Affluent residents reside in sophisticated neighbourhoods, while the working class resides in less privileged areas. Unluckily for the Military Police, if things go wrong, it will be those upper-class residents who'll be in the firing range. It had been about fifteen minutes since Armin, Eren, and Mikasa had been sent out to retrieve Annie.

Hange: "You okay Y/n? You look shook." Y/n was indeed tensed up. After all, this could be his first chance to screw with fate.

Y/n: "I'm fine." Y/n said coldly. "I have a job to do don't I? Let's get this over with."

Hange: "That'll have to suffice. Let's hope you aren't too distracted when push comes to shove."

Y/n: "Trust me, I'm more ready than you anticipate." A distant explosion erupted, sending a wave of smoke upwards. Y/n, alongside the Fourth Squad that was nearby, looked in awe at the smoke. "Plan B it is then."

Moblit: "Section Commander Hange! What's your orders?" Moblit was as quick as ever to address the situation at hand.

Hange: "We wait for Plan B. If not, we lure her here." The Fourth Squad contingent awaited a second transformation from Eren.

Jean: "Y/n!" Jean's voice echoed from the streets below. "Commander Erwin told me to gear up and join the main squad!" Y/n landed down next to Jean and pointed towards his gear.

Y/n: "It's over there." Jean rushed to put his gear on. "Hange! Are we switching to Plan C?"

Hange: "Go with Jean to see what's happening with Eren! If Plan C is underway, join with Armin and lure her here!"

Y/n: "Yes ma'am!" Jean, after putting on his ODM gear, ran behind Y/n onto the main street. Many of the upper-class residents ran away in fear while the MPs stood and watched.

Jean: "Useless MP bastards. Can't believe there was a time I'd have given my left arm to be one of them. I don't know what the hell I was ever thinking."

Y/n: "Give them some slack Jean. Didn't we all shit our pants the first time we saw a Titan? They'll be especially terrified that it's an intelligent one at that."

Jean: "Y-Yeah. You're right Y/n. But still, they could at least help with the evacuation. Instead, they stand around looking like idiots." Y/n laughed at Jean's description.

Y/n: "I gotta give it to you. You've changed a lot since we've joined the Scouts." A slight hint of sorrow seeped into Y/n. He dreaded his actions of this day for a long time. "She's just up ahead. Let's see what the hold-up is."

Jean: "Right!" Y/n and Jean grappled onto the rooftops and over to the other side. Annie fought a distance down the road as a hole was visible with Armin inside. "What the hell's going on?"

Armin: "Help me! He's stuck in here!" Eren was stuck under a large piece of rubble.

Jean: "Why didn't he just change into a Titan?"

Armin: "He couldn't transform! I-I think something is holding him back from being able to take on Annie!"

Jean: "What..."

Y/n: "He's deluding himself into thinking this isn't happening. After all, no one wants to believe that one of his best friends was an enemy after all this time."

Armin: "That would make sense but we'll worry about that when he's safe. Help me get him out." Armin pulled off the rubble as Y/n ran to help.

Jean: "He really couldn't do it." Jean walked over to Eren and grabbed his head. "That's it! Enough of your bullshit, Eren! Did I or did I not tell you this day would eventually come? Look at yourself! Our fates are in your hands. We're out there putting our lives on the line, and this is all we can expect from our last best hope. What would Marco..." A piece of rubble came flying onto the group. Y/n and Jean managed to successfully get out of the way of the rubble. Armin got launched away from Eren and landed on the street next to him.