Chapter Ten

~Camila's POV~

It's been a night since the talk with my mom and she has made arrangements to stay with us on tour for around a week longer than planned which has made me feel better. She will be staying with us until around the end of the tour before we go home.

We spoke more between just her and me yesterday once Lauren had left us alone and I feel lighter. I still don't feel okay with the situation but I am glad Lauren got me to tell mom. We also spoke about how to go about telling my dad and have decided to not tell him until we can talk in person.

Tomorrow we are performing at Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, New Jersey. Which means today is a travel day.

We are currently parked up near a gas station and a store so we can grab some things. We made a list last night knowing we would stop at some point so it should be a quick stop.

It is just me and Ally going into the store to get the stuff because everyone else is asleep or doesn't want to come with us.

I've got Ariella in her wrap carrier because she is refusing to go to sleep. These past few days she seems to only want to fall asleep when she's in her wrap or my arms.

If my mom was awake I would probably feel okay leaving her on the bus but she's not so I've had to dig her other wrap out of my bag.

"Ally, can you grab me a pair of Ariella's socks?" She's currently going through her bag in her bunk.

"Yeah, I can. Where are they?" She questions standing up.

"I think there are a few pairs in the bag at the bottom of my bunk."

She grabs a pair and helps me get them on Ariella's tiny feet and we head out the door.

I take the list from Ally as she grabs a basket. We make our way around the store grabbing what's on the list and a few extra things.

"How did the talk go last night?" Ally questions making me stop in place. "Lauren didn't tell me anything don't worry. All I know is it was a personal conversation that needed to happen."

I let out a sigh of relief and answer her. "It was okay, I feel lighter in a way after telling mom the things I was keeping from her."

"Are you okay now? I heard you crying."

"I'm not completely okay the past things are still playing in my head but it's the first time I've brought it up since Ariella was born. I think I only cried due to bringing it all back up and having to tell my mom that it happened."

At this point, we are back on the bus and everything has been put away.

I sit on the couch beside Ally and take off my jacket and shoes carefully so I don't wake up the finally sleeping baby.

"How did your mom take it?"

"Honestly she took it badly but wasn't angry when she spoke. I could see the anger in her eyes but she spoke so calmly to me about the situation. She also told me that she will be there when I tell my dad which I'm glad for because I have a feeling he's gonna react worse."

She gives me a confused look so I take a deep breath. "I need to tell you something before the others wake up but I don't want you to tell Normani or Dinah."

She moves to be sat up and takes my hand into her hold "I have a feeling you are about to tell me something bad and I promise I won't tell those two."

"Thank you." I pause and take a few seconds to look down at my sleeping daughter. "I'm not going to go into full detail because I don't want to do that again but I'll shorten it down. You know that guy I was seeing who you had met first?" She nods

"I don't wanna say it this way but he is Ariella's father. He used to beat me when I didn't want to do things with him or for him. The night of my birthday and a few other nights but especially that night he beat me to the point it hurt to move because I refused to have sex with him. He forced me multiple times that night before I managed to escape and get back to the hotel room that you and Lauren found me in."

Ally pulls me into a hug. "I'm so sorry Camila we shouldn't have let you go with him on your own or at all."

I pull out of the hug and look into her eyes. "It isn't the fault of any of you girls and I don't blame any of you. Nobody was to know he was going to do what he did."

I look down at Ariella and smile. "I hate what happened to me so badly and it haunts me and gives me nightmares all the time but I am so happy to have Ariella. I may have had bad feelings and thoughts when she was born but I'm glad I didn't go through with them."

"I don't know what those thoughts are but I'm glad Ariella is here. I've noticed the way you've acted since being on this tour and I do think Ariella is the reason you are so much happier this year compared to the last few."

I go to hug her again but I'm interrupted by Dinah shouting about food. She not only makes us jump but wakes up Ariella who is now crying.

"Thank you so much, Dinah."

"What did I do?"

I roll my eyes at her. "She was asleep and you've just woken her up with your shouting."

"I'm sorry Camila I just got excited when I saw the fully stocked cupboard. Why don't I get her back to sleep for you."

I shake my head with a small chuckle "It's fine Dinah you eat your food, I've got to change and feed her anyway."

"I'll stick to my food there's no way I'm changing her ass last time I nearly threw up with the smell and I don't think I can help you in the feeding department either."

Both I and Ally laugh. "You could easily feed her Dinah there are bottles of my milk you could give her."

She shakes her head. "I ain't feeding her a bottle Mila there's no point in giving her a bottle when you and your boobs are right here."

I slap her arm lightly and get up heading to the back room where all her stuff is. I calm her enough to change her and quickly do that and pull her into my arms.

I put all the changing supplies away and pack her wrap into the changing bag, swapping it out for her nursing blanket.

I sit down and get her latched on and covered up. I wait a while until she is steadily feeding before getting up and heading to the front of the bus.

Everyone is now sitting in the front of the bus so I sit beside my mom and re-adjust the blanket so I can look in but it's still covering all but her tiny feet.

We spend the rest of the day just lounging around and playing some simple games before we arrive at the venue and settle down in our bunks for the night.

_________________________