chapter eleven

~Camila's POV~

Today we are in Redbank, New Jersey. We haven't got anything to do until later, around show time, so we are just going to lounge around the venue and the bus.

The girls left around two hours ago, after rehearsals, to go get some food from somewhere and will probably be back sometime soon because we have soundcheck in a bit. But, until they decide to appear again it is just me and Ariella. Mom was with us but she went back to the bus to sort some things.

I am currently in one of the dressing rooms in the venue with Ariella because I need to get her to sleep or at least close to it before the soundcheck in around two hours. She has been grouchy since she woke up this morning and hasn't napped.

I spent some time led on my stomach beside her as she was led down on her playmat but it only lasted around 15 minutes before she was crying again. I changed her thinking that was the issue but she is still really wound up where she is so tired and probably in need of a feed.

She is now in a softer set of pyjamas and I have her led in my arms as I walk back and forth. I need to calm her down before even attempting to feed her.

"Shh, it's okay baby girl I've got you." I kiss the top of her head and grab her blanket from the couch arm. I cover her with it and carry on walking around the room.

It hurts me seeing her this wound up but I know she can't have what she is after until she has reduced her crying. The last time she was this wound up was when we first started the tour, we were mid-interview and I couldn't do anything. Well, I could have done something but nobody from our team wouldn't let me leave my seat. I spent that interview having to hear my daughter cry out for me.

Once it was over it took me forever to calm her down. I managed to calm her and I'm pretty sure one of the girls has said something to our team because it has not happened since. She doesn't get like this often so it hurts and panics me when she does.

I walk around for a bit longer before she has finally calmed down and is now staring up at me with, tear-stained, red cheeks. "Hi, Ariella."

I sit down on the couch and wipe her cheeks, gently, with my thumb. "You're okay baby girl."

She gives me a small smile in return before turning her head further into my chest. "I know Bubba. I know you're hungry." I move her so she is in a better, comfier, position and move my hoodie out her way. I then help her latch on.

"There you go bubba." In response, she lifts her hand towards my face. I kiss the palm and move her hand to rest in its usual place by her face.

I decide to spend the next few minutes scrolling through my socials, that I managed to convince them to put back on my phone. My phone starts ringing about 10 minutes later and Seeing it's Dinah, I answer.

D- Camila where are you
C- Hello to you too Dinah
D- Yes hello, now where are you I've been looking everywhere for you
C- I'm in the room we were in this morning
D- Okay I'm coming to get you
C- Okay Dinah
D- I'm bringing Ally with me
C- That's fine Dinah just be qu-

I don't get a chance to finish what I was saying before she hangs up and a few minutes later she comes through the door, rather loudly.

She startles Ariella and she unlatches but thankfully needs no help finding my breast again. I do however pull my hoodie slightly lower so it's covering what Ariella's hand isn't.

"I told you to be quiet Dinah." I sighed looking up at where she stood.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you or I would have been quieter," she replies sitting herself down on the couch opposite me and beside Ally.

"How's Ariella?" Ally asks seemingly wanting to change the subject.

"She's okay now but overtired."

"Hasn't she slept?" She questions

"Not since last night so she's rather grumpy but hopefully, after being so fussy, she should fall asleep once full."

"We got you some food from the restaurant Mila, it's on the bus with the others and your mom," Dinah speaks not looking up from her phone.

"Thank you, Dinah." I send her a small smile.

We spend a few minutes sitting in silence before Dinah gets up again. "I'm going back to the bus, I need my charger." She leaves the room before Ally or I can say anything.

Ally gets up to shut the door behind Dinah, so I take this time to switch her over to my other breast. She fusses but settles quickly once she has her milk again.

"How long did it take you to calm Ariella down?" Ally questions.

"What do you mean?"

"You mentioned she was fussy so I assume that she got wound up again" she replies.

"Oh, yeah where she hasn't slept since she woke up for her morning feed, she got overtired and wound up. She was also hungry and I didn't want to feed her until she had calmed down so I think that might have been part of the reason it took just over 20 minutes to settle her again."

"So you've both been awake since early this morning?"

"I'm used to it Ally, it doesn't bother me."

"Why didn't you get someone to help you this morning? You may not say it Mila but it's so clear that you're tired"

"There's nothing anyone can do when she needs her milk and I haven't got any pumped. Mom tried settling this morning anyway once I had fed her but she cried until she was back into my arms."

"Please take a nap or something once you've eaten then, she's bound to finally sleep once she is fed so you can sleep whilst she is."

I nod, "I'll try" I look down at Ariella as I feel her latch loosen to see her nearly asleep but I quickly turn my attention back to Ally who has stood up and moved to pick up the baby stuff.

"Leave it Ally I'll do it."

"No Camila. I'll pick it up and once she's finished I'll help you get her into the wrap."

"It's okay Ally I can sort Ariella out."

"Let me help you, Mila, the quicker we get her into the wrap and to the bus, the quicker she will be able to lay in her bed and she will be away from all the noise outside."

I send her a confused look.

"You have finally managed to get her to calm down and sleep and there are fans surrounding the venue. The last thing you want is them waking her up or posting pics of her all over their socials."

"Okay yeah, that makes sense." Now that Ariella has finally fallen asleep, with her cheek pressed against my chest, I move her so she's led back against my arm and pull my hoodie back down.

"Ally, can I have her wrap?" She hands me the wrap and takes Ariella so I can put it on. Once I have it on she helps me get Ariella into it. She stirs slightly but doesn't wake. Ally grabs the two bags and we make our way out of the venue.

When we get outside we can hear the fans. Ally walks slightly ahead of me and goes closer to the fences they're behind.

I don't hear much she says but they do become quieter at what she says. I move slightly closer so that they can see me better, but so I'm not close enough for the noise to disturb Ariella, and send them a simple wave.

We then head back to the bus so that we can relax, eat and sleep before the performance and meet and greet later on this evening.

_________________________________