twelve;

CHAPTER 12:

"Looks like we're going clubbing."

"Wait, what?" my jaw dropped.

"Well, what other option do we have?"

"Um, how about staying home and not going?"

"Marnie, this is Luke Hemmings! Your sunshine, your lifeline, and he's asking you to hang out!" she shakes my shoulders.

I shrug her hands off my body, "What if he doesn't like me when he's sober?"

"You guys have been texting for a while and he even said it wouldn't change," she rolls her eyes, "If you don't go and chase after the hottest guy walking the earth then I will."

"But, you're gay and one hundred percent taken."

"So? Tabitha will understand, she likes threesomes. Remember that one time when we all-"

"Don't finish that." I warn her.

"Whatever," She gets up and heads towards my closet. After minutes of fumbling through my clothes, she picks out a black dress holding it parallel to her body. She starts to walk out my room, "Mind if I borrow this tonight? I heard 5SOS is going to be at the club. Yeah, thanks."

I trip on my own feet while chasing her into her room, "Give it back! You know it's my favorite dress."

"I'll give it back if you wear it tonight at the club."

I roll my eyes and snatch the dress out of her hands, "Fine!"

"I always get my way," she grins arrogantly, "Now text him back and get ready for the night of your life, baby!"

I slump my shoulders and walk back to my room to my phone.

Me: yeah sure let me see if i'm free

Luke H: you're always free loser

Luke H: see you at the club at ten mardi gras ;-)

Well, there goes me trying to seem all mysterious and cool. It's crazy how Luke can already see through me without even being face-to-face with me. I hope that doesn't mess this up in the long run.

-

"Keep still!"

"Well I'm trying, but you keep tugging at my hair with that brush!"

"Don't be such a baby."

"I am not a baby, you're a baby."

"Who was the one just crying earlier?"

"I teared up because you poked my eye with a makeup brush."

"Maybe if you could. Just. Stay. Still. For once," I brush a big knot out of Josie's hair, "Do you ever brush this nest of yours?"

"Nope, brushing hair is such a hassle." Josie says confidently.

Shouldn't this be the other way around? The best friend helping her friend get ready to party with her crush? Not in this case. It took me half an hour to get ready.

Since Josie wanted to come along, she begged me to doll her up so she can score with Tabitha tonight. I told her that she would score either way, dolled up or not. But it was nice to finally get to make Josie my life sized Barbie doll. I finish brushing her hair and straightening it making sure to add some anti-frizz on her fried, dyed hair.

"Someone give me an award," I say as I make Josie turn in a circle, "I turned a girl from rags to riches."

"Don't be rude!" she slaps my arm, "Tabitha is going to go nuts when she sees me."