twenty eight;

unedited bc i just wanted to publish it. i'll look it over tmo. feel free to correct my errors n stuffs.

//

CHAPTER 28:

"Home sweet pineapple!" Josie bursts through our front door. She slides her luggage across the living room and into her bedroom. I hear her body slam into her bed and I laugh.

I make my way into my room and jump into my bed. Oh, have I missed my bed. Hotel beds were nice, but nothing can ever beat your own bed. I cuddle into my pillows and frown. I can still smell the faint fragrance of Luke's cologne and hair product. I lay on my back with a sad smile on my face. My mind goes back to a few hours ago when I woke up without Luke by my side.

No one knew where he snuck off too in the early hours of the morning. He probably went to meet Arzaylea. It's not important, I guess, since we're not together anymore.  It did hurt when his side of the bed was cool and I didn't get to wake up to him drooling a bit. It hurt even more when he didn't reply to my texts. What hurt the most was when he didn't come with us to the airport; he didn't even come to say goodbye. He wasn't obligated to, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

I told myself I wasn't going to cry over it anymore, but there I am snuggling up a pillow that smells a little like him and sobbing. It probably doesn't even smell like him, maybe I'm just imagining it. I'm making sure to cry quietly so Josie doesn't hear me. Her life is going well, and she doesn't need to feel the need to baby me when I'm sad.

Her and Michael are really good together. Josie wasn't as upset over Tabitha as I thought she would be. It's weird to see the transition of sexes between her partners. But, I could care less because Michael treats her amazingly. Crazy to think Josie lost feelings for Tabitha so quickly. I just didn't want to parallel their situation to mine and Luke's. I didn't want to think that he didn't like me anymore. I take my mind off of the L-word and sleep the whole day away.

The next day, I'm back to my regular schedule. I wake up and get ready for the day I'm about to have at work. It's a big eye opener waking up at a set time and making my way into work after being on a break in California. Josie and I are freaking pooped.

I walk into the slush shop and my mother and father greet me at the door. We embrace for a while and I hand them their gifts that I bought them while I was away. The whole afternoon my parents, Josie, and I conversed about our time in California -- without the topics of boyfriends, of course.

As I take a customers order, Unpredictable comes through the speakers. I guess my parents put in my old mix CD from a few years ago. I instantly feel a wash of emotions come over me -- half proud that my favorite boys are making it big and half sad because the lead singer totally let me down.

I remove the CD from the shop's speaker device and plug in my phone. I put on some R&B slow jams so I can sulk in my broken heart. I can't help that I want to make myself feel bad, it's probably my fault.

Luke didn't like me enough to stay loyal. I must have did something wrong. I didn't give him something that Arzaylea gave him. I don't know what that is, but I know that him cheating on me in such little time was my fault.  I didn't blame Luke for all of it, though Josie sure did. I mean, I guess it's fine now. I don't have to worry about the fans and all that anymore. I can be plain ol' Marnie 5SOS Trash again.

"Marnie, baby!" a voice booms through the shop's door. I look up from the blender and see the person who called out my name.