twenty;

irrel picture but calum looks so good i crey. unedited as per usual.

//

CHAPTER 20:

I wake up to a pounding headache and the stupid, inconsiderate sun shining on my face. I'm confused as to why I feel like a total garbage can, then I realize that I went clubbing with Josie last night. That's all I remember.

I turn around and my head hits something hard, "Ow!"

Another head peaks out from under the blanket, "Good morning, you drunk mess."

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"Because you're an idiot."

"How am I an idiot, Josie?"

"Because you tell Josh to come here in the middle of the night and he barges in here like a maniac. I had to rush to the front of the house with my bat and wack the shit out of him," she explains, "He scared me to death. I kicked him out because I knew you said something stupid to him over the phone."

"Damn," I rub my temples and get out of bed. Josie gets up as well and heads out of my room with no words said. I check the time and I start getting ready for work. Before telling Josie to hurry up and eat her breakfast, I take two Advils hoping they cure my massive hangover.

As I walk into the shop, a cool wave of air hits me and so does my mother, "You're an hour late."

"I know, Momma," I walk to the back counter and put on my apron and hat.

"Why are you late, Mariko? Your dad had to call me over to fill in for you and Josie," my mother crosses her arms.

I take her into a tight hug, "Sorry, Momma. It won't happen again."

I walk to the cash register and take the customer's orders. Every work day is the same. I take orders, give change, wait until Josie finishes the orders, hand them their drink and wish them a great day. It's a never ending cycle for seven hours of my day for five days a week.

As boring as it sounds, it's kind of cool to be working with your best friend. Working with Josie makes the day go by way quicker. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like work, it feels like a seven hour smoothie party.

By the time we wash up and lock up, we're exhausted. Not only from work but, still tired from the night before. Once I get home, I'm heading straight to sleep.

After closing the front door of our house, I run straight into my room and on the way to my bed I slip on something. I pick my face up and grab whatever caused me to face plant.

What in the hell? Plane tickets? When did I even buy them. I read over the details and see that I bought two last night for LA.

"Josie!" I scream. She comes crashing into my room with a tight breath.

"What? Why do you look surprised?" she asks.

I hand over the printed tickets, "Look at these. I think I bought them when I was drunk."

She took the papers from my hand and rolled her eyes, "Why would you buy these?"

"I don't know, I was drunk. I probably missed Luke."

"I mean if you want to go I'm so down, but you better check in with Luke," she says and leaves my room. I grab my phone from my back pocket and text Luke.

Me: hey

Luke H: hey what's up hello

Me: can you not sing fetty wap