Part 19: stuck in the house

It came to nightfall as they arraigned rooms for the boys

It came to nightfall as they arraigned rooms for the boys. Regulus would sleep on the sofa in the living room, James and Sirius would have Mothers bed and Remus would sleep on a mattress in Athena's room.

Athena was locking all the doors and windows for the night when there was a knock on the door. She walked over and opened it to see Kingsley

"Kingsley ?" She was happy to see him

"Can I come in" he pointed as Athena gestured him into the house. He walked in and looked at the boys who were all in the living room "you alright boys ?" They all just nodded

"So do you think it was the snake that got my Father ?" Athena got straight to the point. She could see in Kingsley's face that she was right

"We think so" he said quietly. He sat himself down on a chair "Dumbledore has no clue what the dark lord is planning or why he did this, so we are keeping you all on house arrest. One of you can go out daily for food"

Everyone looked at each other. James spoke up "does my parents know I'm here ?"

Kingsley nodded "as do Remus's" he looked at Sirius apologetically "they wouldn't answer"

Sirius puffed "they won't even know me and reg are gone sir it's all good"

Athena quickly stood up "I gotta sort out Remus's bed I'll be back in a moment sir" she walked upstairs into her room.

Kingsley waited until she shut her door "listen boys, you cannot let her out whatsoever. She's the one we're concerned about"

All three boys frowned. Remus laughed "what would the dark lord want with Athena. I mean she's not well known or anything"

Kingsley agreed with him "we have no clue, but we've been told he knows who she is. Dumbledore thinks he might want to recruit her in the future. So keep her inside until her mother gets home"

Sirius scoffed "how the bloody hell are we going to do that"

Kingsley put his arms in the air "I don't know. Play games teach her something I don't know what you kids do these days" he stood up from his chair "I've informed her sisters and Marlene is convinced Athena will want to go out so" he pointed at them "keep her busy!"

Athena came back down stairs after a moment "already off ?" She looked at Kingsley

Kingsley nodded "I have to I'm afraid. But we will have people from the order checking on you a bit so just a pre warning" he touched Athena's shoulder "Jack will be fine" he winked

Athena thanked him before letting him out of the house. She turned back to the boys "let's go to bed"

Regulus got on the sofa and passed out straight away.

Remus walked into Athena's room yawning. He walked up to her and hugged her tightly "we'll be alright"

She exhaled "bloody hope so" they said their good nights and got into their beds.

Athena couldn't sleep she heard sobbing outside of her room. She walked outside to see Jo on the stairs

"Jo ?" She sat down next to her sister "what is it father ?" She rubbed her sister

"No" she breathed in "it's my hair" she cried as she leaned on Athena's shoulder

Athena touched her head "I would feel the same way"

"I know you would" she chucked slightly. She touched her hair

"It'll grow back in no time Jo".

The next morning Athena come down the stairs in a good mood "morning all" she kissed Beth's cheek "I'm going to go to the shops and get food"

James stood up "no!" Athena looked at him weirdly. He realised he needed to play it cool "I've been dying to get out" he picked up his jacket "I'll go" he moved past her

She looked at Regulus who was as confused as she was "weird" she mumbled.

Throughout the whole day everyone was coming up to Athena with things to do, she was noticing the boys were on edge. She stared at Remus who was looking panicked because she was close to the door "are you okay ?"

"Yeah" he replied quickly "fine why wouldn't I be ?"

"Mmm okay" she shook her head and went into the kitchen.

All of the sisters were in the kitchen, Athena thought it would be funny to make a mold of her foot so she could put it in her room

Meg was reading "Mr Brooke writes that father is still very weak but improving." He grinned "Mr Brooke also says that Mother is the best nurse a man could ask for."

Jo stood up and stood next to Marlene "I wish all the letters were from mother and not Mr Brooke."

"I'm grateful for any letters" Beth said sitting down "Mother said to visit the Hummels they can't eat much"

Marlene sighed "we barely have enough to feed ourselves let alone feed the four boys we have staying here"

"Besides we all have a lot to do Beth, we'll go soon." Jo added

"Marmee said" Beth said quietly

"Marmee told us to do lots of things but we can't possibly do all of them" Marlene said "They have enough food. Mother just wants them to have company"

Athena stood up her book still in the bucket "NO MY FOOT IS STUCK! I CAN'T GET IT OUT" she looked at the bucket as Jo and Marlene looked at each other and started cackling "STOP IT JO" she started walking the bucket still attached "I CAN'T GET IT OUT! IM GOING TO LOOSE MY FOOT"

James came running in "what the bloody hell are you screaming about" he looked down at Athenas foot in the bucket and started laughing "why would you do that" he breathed for air

She hit his shoulder "stop laughing I could loose a toe!"

James sighed as he picked her up bridal style and brought her into the living room. Sirius and Remus were sitting reading the news paper

Sirius roared with laughter at the look of Athena "what have you done"

Remus put his hand on his head "Jesus Christ" they moved so Athena could sit on the sofa

James grabbed the bucket still in fits of laughter "alright 123" he yanked the bucket pulling it off her foot.

Athena sighed in relief "oh thank goodness" she put her heart on her chest

James walked to her giggling "you're an idiot" he kissed her forehead before walking into the bedroom.