Chapter 2 Trying to apologize

The next day

Even though it's just been hours since that incident happened harry felt like years. He couldn't sleep last night. He was thinking about how to apologize to Malfoy.

He went to Great hall with his friends. When he sat on his usual spot his eyes started roaming around searching for a certain blonde.

Hermione saw this and asked. What happend, Harry. Are you looking for something?

Uhh it's nothing, Hermione. I was just looking for Malfoy. I want to apologize to him now. He said still looking for him but he couldn't find him.

Oh Harry, that's nice. But he might be in the Hospital Wing since he is injured. You might check there after eating. Hermione said thoughtfully.

Yeah, right. I said. Suddenly i felt dumb not thinking about that. I hurted him badly yesterday. Even though Snape reversed that spell he might not be fully recovered from the shock. I should check there.

After eating Harry went to the Hospital Wing. But he couldn't find Malfoy there either. So he was gonna go to class when he remembered the Marauder"s Map.

He went to his room and took the map from his trunk. There he is. The dots shows that Malfoy is by the lake.

He didn't waste another minute before rushing towards the lake to find Malfoy.

******

He was sitting under a tree.

Harry didn't know how to approach him. It was easy to find him but hard to go to him. He slowly went to his side. He started fidgeting with his fingers not knowing what to say.

What, are you here to experiment another curse on me Potter? Malfoy said without looking at him.

He suddenly felt his blood draining from him. He was nervous. But he managed to speak some words out.

Umm no i am not. I am just here to talk to you. He said nervously.

What is there to talk Potter? After everything you done to me last night. Draco said looking up at him this time with a glare.

Harry didn't know what to speak next. Because he knew that this conversation is getting nowhere.

Look Malfoy. I didn't know what spell that was. I only found out about the effect after i used that on you. And i am really regretting it now. So i apologize for what i did yesterday. Please accept my apology. He said in one breath. He felt a little relieved after saying that.

But Malfoy looked at him with an unreadable expression on his face.

I have class to attend. I am going. Draco said. He left without saying anything else.

Harry didn't know if he felt relieved or more guilty after this. But after standing there for sometimes he also left for his class.

*****

Harry sighed, he is in the potions class. But he couldn't concentrate on anything Snape was saying. Before coming to the class Harry had an encounter with Snape about yesterday. He still couldn't believe Snape didn't punish him.

But his thought was now about Malfoy.
Why did he left without saying anything. That means he didn't forgive me right? I don't know what to do anymore.

Harry was looking at Malfoy for sometime without realising it. Suddenly Snape called his name.

Well well well it isn't the famous Harry Potter daydreaming in the class. What are you thinking potter? How to cause another trouble? Well 10 points from Gryffindor for not paying attention in class. Snape said and went back to teaching lessons.

Harry thought earlier that Snape had changed a little bit since he didn't punish him. But now he is regretting that thought. He is still the same old Severus Snape.

When Harry looked over at Malfoy he was already looking at him. But his usual smirk was missing. Instead he looked like he knows what was going on Harry's mind. Then he looked away.