Chapter 7 Making a better future

Harry was walking to the class with his friends. He was smiling. He looked happy.

Harry Pov

I don't know why I'm smiling thinking about yesterday. It was so good. It's like something just lifted off from my chest.

That's when Hermione asked. Harry, you've been smiling since the morning. Did something happen ?

I really should tell them about Him. But what if they won't accept our friendship. I need some more time.

Nothing, Hermione. Christmas is around the corner, right? Maybe that's why. I said still smiling.

Okay. She said but i can tell from her tone that she didn't believe it.

Hey look, Malfoy is coming this way. If he is going to make a scene, i am gonna teach him a lesson. Ron said gritting his teeth.

Calm down, Ron. I don't think he will. When was the last time he picked a fight with us? Hermione said thoughtfully.

When he came near us he looked at me. And smirked? What is he thinking?

Then he said. No one got you anything to eat, weasly? You look like you just came out from a coffin.

I couldn't believe it. I thought he changed. And we're friends now. Then why did he?~

That little git, I'm gonna kill him. Ron said furiously while going after Malfoy. But Hermione pulled him away from there.

Did he go back into being that old Malfoy?

*****

Draco Pov

When i was going to my class i saw the golden trio coming my way.

First i thought of just ignoring them. Even though me and Harry are kind of friends now, i don't think he would want anyone to know about that.

Neither do i. If my father know that I'm friends with Harry Potter, he is gonna kill me.

So i looked at Harry and just smirked.
Then said something that made him shook. I'm just trying to look like my old version.

I saw Harry's eyes widening. He looks betrayed. I'm sorry. I thought. Weasly was in the verge of blowing up. That's when Granger took him away from there.

I looked at Harry for the last time and went to my class.

*****

They had class together. When Harry came into the class Draco looked at him apologetically. Because he knew he hurted his feelings.

Harry Pov

When i entered the class i saw Draco looking at me, but i ignored him. I don't know why he suddenly went back to the asshole Malfoy. But i don't like it. I need to ask him before making assumptions.

Then the class started. Malfoy was looking at me during the entire class.

So i give him a note before going with my friends.

*****

I needed to clear things with Harry. So i was waiting for the class to end.

Before i approached him, he came to me and gave me a note. Then he went back with his friends without taking a glance at me.

I looked at the note. And it said

Come meet me at the Astronomy Tower like usual. And don't get into trouble again.

PS. HP

I looked at it for a moment and a small smile appeared on my face.

Even though i hurted him again, he still cares for me. I think that's what friends does.

I put it into my pocket and exit the classroom.

*****

Draco was the first one to arrive. Then after sometime Harry came.

Hey. Harry said.

Hey. Draco said with an unsure expression.

So what was that? Harry asked hoping for an explanation.

After a silence Draco said. Listen, Harry. I want to be friends with you. I really do. But i can't risk anyone else finding about that. You know my father. He will kill me if he find out that we're friends.Draco said guiltily. Hoping Harry would understand.

Oh that's it. Hmm.. it's okay Draco. We can keep it a secret if you want. But please don't make nasty comments about my friends anymore.okay? Harry said with a knowing expression.

Draco was surprised for a moment. Because he wasn't expecting this reaction from Harry. He thought he would be angry or something.

Yeah, i won't. I'm really sorry. Not only for that. For everything. I made your life hell. I really regret it. Draco said looking down.

It"s already in the past, right? We can't change it. But we can make our future better. So it's fine. Harry said reassuring him.

Draco felt better hearing those words. He knew that Harry was kind. But he never thought The Golden Boy was kind enough to forgive him. He felt happier.

So are we still friends? Draco asked doubtfully.

What? Ofcourse we are. Friends forgive each other, remember. Harry said smiling.

It was a small moment. But they both felt relieved. They were trying to understand each other little by little.

It was a start. Starting of something new.