Chapter 6 Choosing the right sort

The Golden Trio were sitting on the common room.

Before going to detention he told them about the other day except the fact that he helped Draco.

Harry Pov

Harry, why did you roam around the school at night? Hermione asked.

Buddy, you are having those nightmares again, aren't you? Ron asked suddenly worried.

It"s not that bad, you know. I said without looking at them.

Then, why haven't you told us that, Harry? We could've helped. Hermione said.

How are you gonna help me, Hermione. I've been having these nightmares ever since i was young. But no one could help. I said. I didn't want to be angry but i don't know why i felt that suddenly.

I"m sorry, Harry. Hermione said looking down at her lap.

I felt guilty.

It"s fine, Hermione. I was just -- i don't know what to do other than going out. These nightmares just won't go away. I said.

We understand, Harry. Wait you have detention at 7 PM right? It's already 6.55. You should go now. Ron said looking at his watch.

Oh right. I'll see you guys after this . I said before going away from there.

******

For my surprise it wasn't McGonagall who welcomed me. But it was Hagrid.

Come here, Harry. How are ya doing? It's been so long since i last saw ya. Hagrid said with his usual friendly grin.

Yes, Hagrid. I'm fine really. But where is professor and Malfoy? I asked looking around.

Professor had some unfinished work to do. So she won't be here. And Malfoy, he is over there. Infront of the forbidden forest. Hagrid said pointing at the forest.

But what is he doing there? And what exactly are we gonna do? I asked him feeling confused.

Listen, Harry. You both need to go to Forbidden Forest and collect some supplies for the next potions class. I've already told Malfoy what you should get. Since you have class on the morning, you have to go now. That's all for the detention. Hagrid said with a smile.

Okay. But you'll be there with us, right? I asked .

Oh no no Harry. I have an urgent matter to discuss with Professor Dumbledore. So i should go. Hagrid said apologically.

But it is dangerous. We'll get into some trouble. I said

Oh it won't be. You can call Firenze if something happened. He'll be there. I already told him to help you if something happen. So it will be fine, Harry. Good luck. Hagrid said before going towards the castle.

Even though Hagrid said that, I'm not sure. But I'm not alone. So it should be fine.

*****

Draco Pov

I'm here waiting for Potter. We should go to the Forest to bring some stuffs for a potion.

I was thinking about something when i heard footsteps. Potter.

I thought before turning around.

He smiled at me and asked. Shall we go?

Yeah. Lead the way. I said.

This is going to be a long night.

*****
Harry Pov

Malfoy wasn't talking anything on the way. So i thought of breaking the ice.

So i said. I"m having dejavu.

He looked at me confused. Then he got what i meant.

Ha i remember. It was in 2nd Year or something right? He asked thinking.

No it was in the 1st year. I still remember. You were gonna get us in trouble. But at last you also got detention too. I said with a snort.

He was also smiling thinking about it. You were an asshole. He said.

So did you. I said.

So I'm not anymore? He said with an eyebrow raised.

I didn't mean that. I said before running away from him while laughing.

You bloody potter. He said while running to catch up with me.

It feels nice.

Hey hey stop. Look. I said pointing at something behind the trees.

He stopped and looked.

Oh my. Is it a unicorn? He said looking at it.

Yeah, i guess. I was amazed to see a unicorn there.

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. He said without taking his eyes from the unicorn.

I've never saw him like this. He looks heavenly. It's like I'm looking at another version of Malfoy.

He was slowly approaching the Unicorn.

Hey, Malfoy. Don't scare it away. I said looking at his each step.

I won't . He said looking back at me.

He was touching it's skin.

Look Potter. It's so soft. Wanna try? He asked me.

Yeah, why not. I said before walking toward him.

He was right. It was so soft.

It was a different kind of experience. And of course with Malfoy.

I enjoyed every bit of it.

*****

Draco Pov

We were going back from the forest when i thought of asking Potter something i wanted to ask for some time.

Potter, why did you help me yesterday? I asked looking at him curiously.

He stopped on his tracks and looked at me. What do you think? He asked me.

I didn't know how to answer that question.

I don't know. You tell me. I said also looking at him.

He started walking without saying anything.

Hey wait for me. I ran to catch up with him.

I already told you right. If you need any help you can come to me. I was just keeping my word. He said coolily

But why did you say that then? What do you really want? I asked in a confused tone.

I want to be friends with you. He said and stopped walking.

I went silent because of this sudden confession. I didn't know what to say. He wants us to be friends? Really?

We can be good friends, you know. He said expecting me to say something.

It's not like i don't want us to be friends. But is he playing with me? I guess not.

So can we be friends? He said moving his hand forward. Hoping for a handshake.

I want to take it. But it would be fun if i~

No, thanks. I can see the clear disappointment in Harry's face. Then i said jokingly. Because i can tell the wrong sort by myself.

He let out out a relieved sigh.

You are never gonna forget that, aren't you? He asked smiling.

Never. I said taking his hand and smiling back.