Chapter 13 What is love?

Ever since Harry understood his feelings for Draco, he felt completely lost . They were enemies for years. Now that they finally became friends he doesn't want to break it. He wants to know how draco feels about him but at the same he doesn't. He doesn't have anyone to talk this to . His best friends are not here. But if Hermione were here she would've told him to confess his feelings to Draco to avoid complications. He knows that . But he is afraid that Draco will hate him after that .

*****

They were at the Astronomy Tower, their second favourite place. Draco was talking about something. But Harry wasn't paying any attention. He was in a battle with his own mind about whether or not to confess.

That's it. Harry, are you listening? Draco asked him looking at him with concern. Because now Harry looks like he just came out from a coma.

Yes yes. I'm here. What were you saying? He said looking at Draco's direction.

But Draco knows him better. So he said. Harry, i know that's not true . You are not okay. Just tell me if anything is bothering you.

I~ Harry wanted to tell him but he didn't . It's nothing. I've been thinking why don't we go to Our Hope tomorrow?

But your injury~. Before Draco could finish his sentence Harry said

It's on my hand not on my leg. I can walk just fine . So I'll be fine.

Hmm if you say so. Then we can go. Draco said. His usual pleasant smile came back.

Harry thought about the days when he hated draco. If he smiled at me like this then i wouldn't have rejected his hand back then . And smiled at his own thoughts.

******

The next day just like they planned they went to their favorite place. They were sitting on the grass under the tree enjoying each others company.

Harry Pov

These past days I've been thinking only about how to tell him about my feelings. But everytime i think about it i feel scared. I don't want to lose our friendship. I don't want to lose him. But I can't keep it from him any longer. That's when one question came into my mind.

Draco, have you ever dated anyone? Finally i managed to ask him that.

Me? No. He said it like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Have you ever saw me hanging out with girls?

Yeah pansy. There was a rumour that you were dating her for a long time. I said. It was true that draco never hung out with any other girls except Pansy. So everyone believed that they were together.

Pansy? Are you serious? Pansy is like a sister to me. And she feels the same. We've known each other ever since we were kids. So it is normal for me to be close to her. He said. And what about you? He asked me wiggling his eyebrows.

You know about that already. I said causing him to laugh.

Yeah i know. I was just teasing you. He said while laughing.

Watching him laugh made me smile. And i said. It didn't work out. Well... So why don't you try dating someone?. I asked.

It's just that I don't know what it feels to be in love. So I don't know if anyone can love me either. Can i ask you something? He said and looked at me.

Even if i said no you will ask me. So carry on. I said smiling.

You've been in love. So you should know. How do you know if someone likes you?

I looked him in the eyes and said. You would know if someone is in love with you just by looking in their eyes. You would see how much they love you by just looking. You would see their world in their eyes which is you. Their happiness, sadness, everything is just YOU. They'll be fully immersed in you that they would forget about everything around them. They'll only see you. You'll be the only thing that matters. I finished it and i couldn't take my eyes away from him. I kept looking at him.

Draco Pov

My breath hitched listening to his every words and i couldn't say anything in return because i was caught in his eyes. It was intimidating. I saw something in his eyes that I've never seen before. And it was confusing me. What is it that he wants to tell me? I was trying to read his eyes. I wanted to find it. But he is hiding it well from me.

We both were looking at each other like we were the only ones left in this whole world. My heart was beating fast. Our faces were only inches away from each other. I've never saw Harry's eyes up this close. His beautiful green eyes. I wanted to look at them like this forever. Just as we were getting closer he looked away. I was caught off guard for a second. It was like i was controlled by a spell and it suddenly broke.

I didn't want to imagine what would have happened if he didn't look away. A small blush came into Harry's cheeks. It's so cute. I don't know what I'm thinking.

Umm i think we should go. It's getting late. Harry said after a while.

I nodded and got up.

We didn't talk much on our way back. While i was going to my room all i can think about was the look i saw on Harry's face when he said those things.

What was it?

He had been hiding something from me for somedays. All these days after that accident he have been spacing out a lot. When i ask him he would say it's nothing. But i know something was going on. I didn't want to force him to tell me anything. So i was waiting for him to open up with me whatever that's bothering him.

But now i am the one who is confused. I wanted to be closer to Harry. But this is different. When he looked at me like that i wanted to hold him closer to me. What is this feeling i get whenever i look at him. I've never felt something like this before. Is it by any chance Love? Do i love Harry?

If then it'll confirm everything. Why I've been thinking about him before going to sleep and why after waking up his face is the first thing that's coming to my mind. Whenever he smiles why i get butterflies in my stomach. Yes i guess i am in love with him. I smiled at that thought.

But does he feel the same ? I need to ask him tomorrow. I guess he does too. I think what i saw in his eyes today was also Love. But i don't want to make assumptions. So i need to confirm it. And i will. Even if he doesn't I'm sure that Harry would still see me as a friend. And i will respect whatever his decision maybe.

*****

If you love someone tell them that and respect whatever their decision maybe. Because they are also an individual just like you. They have also feelings. Just imagine what you would feel if someone doesn't respect your choices. And do what is right.
- Me