Chapter 9 Happier than ever

Finally Christmas holidays are here.

For Harry it's really different because from the 1st Year he always celebrated his Christmas days with Weasleys.

But now he is gonna celebrate it with his new friend Draco Malfoy.

He still don't know why he changed his plans for Draco. It's like he wants to give him a chance.

As for Draco this is not that different. Because he doesn't celebrate with his Family. His Father doesn't care about Christmas. Only his mother used to gave him gifts.

So celebrating it with Harry is really a good deal for him.

*****

Harry woke up at noon. Since it is holiday he doesn't have to wake up early. But the difference was all beds were empty in his dorm.

He walked to the Great Hall, that's when he spotted the Blonde coming in his way.

Harry Pov

Good morning, Potter. Draco said sarcastically.

Harry smiled and asked. Were you going to the Great Hall too?

Yeah, i"m hungry. He said while patting his stomach.

Cute. I thought.

So what are you waiting for? Come. I'm hungry too. I said pulling his hands with me to the Great Hall.

He was taken aback at first. Then he gave in.

I feel comfortable with him now. I nearly forget that we were enemies for years. Now he is my friend. And i like the sound of it. Draco Malfoy is my friend.

******

Draco Pov

We are in the Great Hall. There are only few students here. I bet most of them went to their home to celebrate Christmas.

That's good. Now we don't have to pretend like we are enemies.

Harry is busy stuffing his plate with his favorite foods without caring about the world around him.

So i said while stuffing my own plate with food. Slow down, Harry. No one will take your food away.

I know. It's been so long since i had peace while eating food. Usually so many people would stare at me and whisper things. I hate that. I hate being watched. He said looking down at his food.

I get him. I really do. He have been through a lot. Now i feel guilty for been a reason for his trauma.

It's fine, Harry. Now no one is gonna make you uncomfortable. So dig in. I said trying to make the mood brighter.

Then he said something which made me chock on my food. But wait. Did you just call me by my first name?

I thought he didn't notice. Even i didn't realise until i said it.

Isn't that your name ? Why can't i call you by that? I asked him.

He was grinning.

You can. I thought it'll take you forever to call me that. We are friends, right? So we can call by each others first names. He said looking pleased.

It feels good. Good to talk to him about things. I needed this.

******
Harry Pov

After eating we were walking randomly.

We talked a lot. It felt nice seriously. I was a little worried thinking if it'll turn awkward. But it was so good.

Then Draco asked me something.