Chapter 12 Realisation

Draco woke up early that day. The first thing that came to his mind was Harry. He knows Harry usually wake up later than him. So he decided to go to The Great Hall and wait for him after freshening up.

There wasn't many students in the Great Hall. He saw some second years and fourth years were talking when he walked in. He sat on his usual spot while thinking about what to do with Harry today. Usually they would go to the Hope to hang out. But today he thought they should do something else. While he was thinking he heard those students talking about something that caught his attention.

No it was 3 AM i heard. One student said.

But why would he go there in the morning. If he wanted to fly he could've done some other time right? Another one said with a confused look.

Well he is the famous Harry Potter right? He can do whatever he wants and no one will ask him anything. The first one who spoke said.

Draco froze on his spot. Harry did what? He thought. He paid more attention to their talk.

I don't know. Maybe he felt bored? One of the boys said.

Bored? I can't believe. I heard that Professor McGonagall found him at the right time. Otherwise he would've been lying there until everyone wake up. Another boy said.

Draco's mind gone blank. He wanted to know what happened to Harry. So he didn't care about anything else and rushed to the other side where the boys sat.

He asked them in a plain tone. What happened to Potter ? Even though he's worried he managed to make a poker face.

The boys looked scared seeing him all of a sudden. Even though he is changed because of Harry, he is still the same old Malfoy to others.

I heard that he fell from the broom when he was flying in the early morning. But Professor McGonagall saw him and took him to the Hospital Wing. It looks like a serious injury. One boy said.

Draco's heart was beating so fast. He felt like his head was spinning. The only thing he wanted then was to see Harry and make sure he is okay. So he sprinted out from the Great Hall without caring about anything else.

When he got there he was sweating all over. There weren't many people there. Only two beds were occupied by two students. Madam Pomfrey wasn't there either. When he looked around he found the boy he was looking for. He moved to his side. He felt relieved seeing Harry.

Harry was unconscious. His hand was swathed in bandages. It doesn't look that bad from outside. Why did this idiot wanted to fly in the morning. I really need to put some sense into his little brain. Draco thought and sat on the chair beside the bed. He didn't want to wake Harry up. So he decided to wait unti he wakes up thinking that maybe this idiot needs a little scolding from me.

******

Harry Pov

I'm surrounded by pitch blackness. My whole body is aching. When I opened my eyes i couldn't make out anything. But when i looked over i saw a blurred figure sitting near me. I took a closer look and knew who that was.

Draco. I whispered

When he realised that i wake up he came closer to me and asked

Harry, are you okay? I smiled looking at his worried face.

I'm fine. It's just a small injury. It'll heal in no time. I said and tried to sit up. He helped me.

Are you an idiot, harry ?. He asked me all of a sudden. Only you would do something like this. Now tell me what happened exactly. His eyes are looking through me so i couldn't lie. So i told him everything from my nightmare to how i ended up here.

So you really are an idiot. Draco said. Harry, are you sure it was Voldemort's voice ?

You said that already. And now that i think about it I'm not sure. Maybe it was the after effect of my nightmare. I said thinking hard.

I hope it is. And you could've come to me when you had the nightmare. Draco said matter-of-factly.

I already thought about that, but i didn't want to bother you. I said

Harry, you are never a bother to me. You're an important person in my life. I will be there if you need me. So if anything like this ever happens promise me that you will come to me first. Draco said. He wasn't smiling but a serious expression on his face.

So i said. I promise.

Then he smiled at me. You've been out for hours. You want something to eat?

Yeah I'm starving. And what time is it? I asked him.

It's already dinner time. I will go and get something for you. He said and got up from the chair.

Wait. I said. Did you eat something?.

Uhm i was waiting for you to wake up. He said and i widened my eyes. So he added. But I wasn't that hungry. So i will get it and come.

Before i could say anything he had gone. I smiled to myself. I thought about the worried expression on his face when he saw me and the way he scolded me. He waited for me and didn't eat anything. That idiot. Let him come. I will give him a piece of my mind.

Now i understand what i feel about Draco. Whenever he looks at me my heart feels like it'll pop out any minute. And i like to see him smile a lot. I want to make him smile. I want to make his life happier. I want him to be happy always. And i want to be in his life forever. What i feel about Draco is not just something i feel about a friend. It's more than that.

I've already fallen in love with him💞

****

" Love is not always beautiful. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easy. But still it is called Love. Because when you fall you can't fall back. "
- Me