Chapter 5 Looking out for him

Harry felt more comfortable with Draco after that day. It's not like they are friends now but they don't hate each other anymore. Even though they don't talk to each other they held glances for sometime.

It was the same for Draco too.

Draco Pov

I was here eating with my friends as usual. Pansy is talking about random stuffs. Blaise looked like he was paying attention to her. But actually he was looking over at the Ravenclaw table for the girl he have a crush on for some time. Pansy didn't notice that. And i randomly looked at the Gryffindor table when i saw my former enemy staring at me. When he saw that i noticed him, he smiled at me. I also wanted to smile but my friends are here. And also i don't want any rumours going around the school about the Boy who lived and me.

So i looked away.

I don't know why he changed. Maybe it's a trap of the famous potter. But i don't want to believe that. Even though he was an asshole i was the one who always did bad things to him. He was never the one who started anything. So i think maybe this is a start of something.

******

As always i was going to the Astronomy Tower when i heard footsteps coming my way. Bloody potter. Why is he following me everyday. I'm gonna kill him now.

But it wasn't Potter.

Mr.Malfoy, why are you roaming around the corridor at night. I believe you know the rules,right? Professor McGonagall said.

I wasn't careful this time. Oh my merlin what am i gonna do. I was not prepared for this.

That's when i heard a familiar voice.

Professor~

Potter?

Harry Pov

I was at the Astronomy Tower looking for Malfoy. But he was not there.

I waited for sometime. Maybe he doesn't want to see me. So i should go.

I was walking towards my dorm when i heard a familiar voice.

~are you roaming around the corridor at night. I believe you know the rules, right? Oh my it is Professor McGonagall.

He is definitely in trouble. What do i do? I should go there. Wait, but i will get in trouble, right? It doesn't matter. I need to help him.

Professor McGonagall ? I called her. I don't know what i am gonna do. But i feel like it is the right thing to do.

Mr. Potter, are you also with Mr.Malfoy? Professor asked.

Yes professor. It wasn't his fault. I called him here. He lost a bet. So he had to roam around the corridors at night. I said. I don't know if it"s believable but i had to try.

Professor looked at me suspiciously.

Oh very well. So you both think that you can break school rules just because of a bet? Detention for the both of you. Tomorrow at 7 PM. Come to the school ground. If you won't come then the punishment will be severe than this. Now go back to your respective dorms. McGonagall said before going the other way.

Before going away Malfoy looked at me in a way i never saw before. I don't know why, i got detention, but i feel like i did something right. On the way back to my dorm there was a small smile tucked on my mouth.

*****

Draco Pov

When i got back to my dorm i flopped on to the bed. My mind was thinking about Harry Potter.

He said he was the reason why i went there. But why? Why did he help me? Who are you Harry Potter? Why are you helping me? Is there any other intention behind this? I don't understand you.

Just tell me why...

Before going away he looked at me with a look that told me that i got your back.

It was different.

I was surprised and glad. I don't know why.

I always hated him. But now i don't.

I need to know you Potter. I need to know why you're changing.