Chapter 3 Unfinished Bussines

Harry Pov

It's been a few days since that last encounter with Malfoy. I tried to talk to him after that. But he has been avoiding me ever since then. He even stopped bullying us. Whenever he sees me he pretends like i don't even exist. I apologized to him again. But he didn't care. I can't tolerate this. I need to talk to him.

Malfoy is sitting at the Slytherin table as usual. He looks more paler than usual. His hair looks messy. He even have dark circles. I don't know why i am observing him. But after that day I've been like this.

Suddenly he looked at me. I was trying to read his eyes. But that looked empty. Then he looked at his table not caring about what his friends are saying. I don't know why i care about him now. I think i still feels guilty. Whatever it is i need to talk to him.

******

It's 1 AM. Harry couldn't sleep. He had a nightmare again. He wanted to feel some fresh air. So he decided to go for a walk not forgetting to take his cloak.

He was walking through the corridors. Thinking about something. That's when he heard something shifting. He stopped to look at the astronomy tower to see a figure sitting on the ground with his hands on the knees. He couldn't figure out who that is. He moved a little closer to him. Then he realised it was Malfoy.

What are you doing here? Harry asked.

He suddenly wiped his tears away. That's it. He was crying again. But this time harry wasn't gonna do anything.

That"s the same thing i wanted to ask you potter. Malfoy said trying to look fierce but his puffy eyes give it away.

I was just wandering. But - were you crying? Harry asked curiously.

That"s none of your bussiness Potter. Go do your thing. Don't make me hex you. Malfoy said in an irritated tone.

But Harry wasn't a person who easily give up. He wanted to know about it.

Look Malfoy i know you're going through something. If you want i can help you. Just tell me what's wrong. Harry said hoping he wouldn't hex him.

Huh why do you care Potter? We're not friends remember. Malfoy snarled.

Actually Harry didn't know why he cared. But he wanted to help him. He just wanted to.

So he said. I know we're not friends Malfoy. But i never wanted us to be enemies either. Harry said in a calm voice.

Draco was taken aback by this comment. But after a second he came back to his usual self. But he couldn't find any words to say.

Well if you don't want me here, i will get going. But remember if you want anyone to talk to I'm here. You can count on me okay? Harry said before turing around.

Malfoy is too stunned to speak after hearing what Harry said.

Before going away Harry looked at him one more time and said. Let's stop being enemies . And smiled before going away.

Malfoy looked at the fading figure and let out the breath he was holding for sometime.