꧁1꧂- Warm

He lit a wax candle and placed it on a wooden table that had definitely seen better day's. Though in his defense it was tough to keep everything neat and in great condition when all alone up in the mountains. Sure he had his "research buddy" but even he couldn't bare the cold that nipped at his skin and made shivers go down his spine.

Even so Albedo sees great potential in him. He for sure will have a rising career as one of Mondstat's greatest alchemist's or even Tevyat's if he will be determined enough.

But the problem was the fact that no one other than him actively occupied the mountain. Sure there are researcher's from time to time but even that is rare. Albedo knows all corners of this godforsaken mountain.. Nothing makes him curious anymore everything is just the same, repetitive, boring..

He yearns for any slight change hence his endless experiments.

Currently his assistant if you colud call him that was out of town far away in the land of Sumeru where he desired to study the reactions between the nature and the interactions of itself within as well as unlabeled or other known life forms interacting with it.

His head snapped up as soon as he heard a branch break behind him.

"Welcome Aether, what brings you here?"

"Ah I've heard a thing or two about you needing a experiment buddy."

"An 'experiment buddy'..."

"Yup."

"Hm and who told you that?"

"I cannot say-"

"Then you can go."

"What?"

"You're either straightforward and tell me the things i ask for or either you leave. Now listen carefully: I don't tolerate time wasting if you are aware."

"I'm sorry... I was just playing around, Sucrose told me."

Albedo's eyes widened a bit and he bit his lower lip quickly walking over to Aether and placing both his hands on his shoulders dropping his head slightly and looking at their shoes both covered in snow.

"Apologies i haven't had human contact for quite some while. I came of as rude didn't i...?"

"Don't worry it's fine i understand."

"You are the most merciful indeed travel."

He chuckled and carelessly ruffled Albedo's hair smiling at how soft it was.

Albedo stood there a bit shocked before he felt a tug. He looked up and saw Aether's hand stuck in his hair.

"Um apologies I did not expect guests so I didn't clean up or anything. My mistake I'll brush my hair right away."

"Im- it's fine not a problem for me."

"Mhm."

Albedo nodded and genetly removed Aether's hand from his hair wincing as he pulled too quickly and felt a sharp pain shooting through his scalp.

He immediately walked over to the dresser and took out a brush placing it on he top he then turned to Aether his cheeks as bit flushed.

"Are you able to do braid's...?"

"Hm? Sure i can i mean... I do that almost everyday. Why?"

Albedo looked a bit shocked before he looked away and started untying his braids quickly avoiding eye contact through the small mirror placed on top.

"I don't do them... Normally. Ponytails? Sure but i cant do any complicated stuff not my area of expertise."

"Understandable."

After he was done he brushed through it and then walked over to the bed patting it genetly. Aether understood and walked over sitting on it Albedo then got to the floor and sat in front on him giving him an easy access to his hair without having to bend down too much.

"Do you have a tie for your hair with you?"

"Yes. Here."

He said quietly and handed Aether his hair tie their hands brushing up against each other swiftly making small electric shocks shoot down both of their.

"Your hair is really nice you know that..."

"I um.. thank you. I guess?"

"Of course."

He giggled childishly at the alchemist's response.

Albedo let out a relaxed huff and leaned back slightly embracing the warmth Aether offered. He had a coat on now aware of the fact that a crop top in snow might not be the best combination ever.

Albedo might not be the one to be sour when it comes to temperatures but something about sitting in one's embrace having their fingers run through his hair made him relax. It made him feel weak and vulnerable.

As if he had just uncovered all his secrets with just one glance at him. It didn't seem to bother him all that much though. Rather the opposite he felt nice knowing that he can trust him. Well.. at least as for now. And hopefully forever.

He started feeling sleepy and started leaning back into Aether his eyes refusing to stay open. He felt a burning sensation filling his temples and suddenly felt all the tiredness from all the sleepless nights he's spent on experimentation.

He let out a long sigh now completely asleep. Aether still was doing his braids being close to finishing them up when he heard quiet snores coming from in front of him.

It startled him a tad but he quickly calmed down when he realized what the cause of the sound was.

He smiled softly and planted a kiss on Albedo's head staying hunched over him for a while before leaning back and just admiring him. Albedo truly was a mysterious person. Almost always having his guard up around other's. The mere fact that he had the trust in him to fall asleep leaning on him leaving himself completely vulnerable made Aether happy and he felt proud of himself.

He genetly pushed Albedo to lean forward before he got up from the bed and walked around keeping as quiet as he possibly colud.

He then lifted him of the dirt floor and placed him on the bed covering him in covers. He the bent down and dragged out a fuzzy blanket from under the bed then wrapped it around himself. Once he was cozy he shuffled over and pressed his body up against the wall letting his head rest on the mattress of Albedo's bed.

His gaze lingered on the moon and the stars for a little longer before he whispered.

"I hope we'll see one another again soon dear sister..."

He smiled and closed his eyes falling asleep quickly.

---
A/n; hi i forgot about this. Anyways these are all Albedo x Traveler (Aether) one-shots. I hope you guys do enjoy them and such. Take this for the while that i am writing another thing and busy with few other things.