Prologue // Percy

----------------------------------------------

First off, I would like to point out a few things...

1) This takes place AFTER the Giant War and MEANWHILE HTTYD2 (this means that the Dragon Riders gang hasn't fought against Drago just yet).

2) Hot 20-year-old Hiccup is present in this book.

3) Percy's story will be a little bit weird, but let's face it... every part of his life was weird.

Thank you for reading this! Hope you like it!

----------------------------------------------

Life always seemed to push Percy down at the best moments.

Never in his existence has he ever had a good memory that didn't end up being a disaster. Except, of course, Annabeth and his underwater kiss. But even then, it felt awkward when Clarisse and the rest of the campers taunted them from outside the water.

All he ever wanted was to have that perfect moment, in which it wouldn't turn into one of the Stoll's pranks or a monster rampage.

But of course, that was a lot to ask. Being a demigod has never been easy (and he doubted that it would ever be easy).

Percy sighed to himself as he stared at his tired expression in his cabin's bathroom mirror. His raven black hair was as messy as a bird's nest, bags rested under the pair of famous sea-green eyes and a slight pout tilted his usual smile upside down.

This morning in particular wasn't as pleasant as the others. The sea green-eyed demigod had been laying awake almost all night in fear of going back to slumber.

The moment he had laid down in his bed, he began to experience rough vivid nightmares; mostly about his time spent with his girlfriend in Tartarus. The same dream always haunts him: the giant swirling form of the god of the pit gaping down at the two demigods with a vortex that could suction every human being's soul in a split second.

He shook his head out of the thoughts. 'Man, when are the nightmares going to end?'

He splashed fresh water onto his face, instantly feeling a surge of newfound energy. He collected more and more water, dousing his skin with the element he was most familiar with, and when he was finally satisfied, he turned the water off.

Percy pulled out of his night hoodie and was searching for his orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt when a sudden knock on the door made him look upwards. There, leaning against the cabin's door, was his girlfriend Annabeth.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "When are you going to put your stuff in the right place, Seaweed Brain?"

He smiled a dumbfounded grin. 'Gods, how does she look so beautiful every time I see her?'

Annabeth walked inside the cabin, and when she got close to Percy, she playfully pinched the edge of her nose and used her other hand as if she was fanning. "Geez, your smell is sure to scare monsters away Seaweed Brain."

Percy laughed, and even though he really did smell bad and was half-naked, caught Annabeth into a tight hug and pulled her off the ground. He had been eternally grateful that Annabeth was short and he was tall, given that he could hold her as a mama bear does to a tiny cub.

Annabeth tried to pry herself off him. "Put me down, Percy."

"I don't want to", he casually replied, a small grin making its way across his face, all of his previous exhaustion fading like smoke on an open field.

Even though Annabeth's attempts to get off weren't as futile as Percy had thought, he held a tight hold on her, obviously unfazed by her attacks.

Annabeth then had an idea. She stopped shuffling around and went limp. Percy, surprised that she didn't move at all, peered down at her and saw her calm expression.